Queens or Brooklyn FTR Case Planner - Preventive Services|
Coalition for Hispanic Family Services
<< Go back |
Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
||Jul 09, 2020
||Immediate | Negotiable
||Low to mid 50s
||US - New York - Jackson Heights
||- n/a -
CHFS is looking for Case Planners for its Family Treatment and Rehabilitation (FTR) programs in Brooklyn (Bushwick or Brownsville) and Queens (Jackson Heights). FTR services offers intensive preventive case management services to families at risk of removal of children to foster care due to neglect and abuse associated with drug use and/or mental illness. This position is responsible for the direct supervision and monitoring of children and families in assigned communities who are deemed to be at risk of foster care placement due to parental abuse and/or mental health illness. The scope of these responsibilities include, but is not limited to individual and family counseling, home visits, school visits, monitoring medical, mental health and educational services.
Responsibilities include carrying out a variety of clinically driven preventive service casework activities in collaboration with the FTR Clinical Team. Provide supportive services to children and families and written documentation as required. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain a caseload of 8 family cases & be trained and implement a Solution Based Casework model approach
- Conduct face to face contacts in the family homes and program site
- Monitor and document child contacts in a family for risk and safety as described by the Administration for Children Services (ACS) standards
- Monitor children in their school placement, educational performance, and medical needs
- Assess, refer and monitor children and families to mental health and/or substance abuse services
- Maintain periodic contact with mental health and substance abuse providers to assure individual/family participation
- Assess, refer children/families to services, housing, financial assistance, medical, immigration, legal, etc.
- Collaborate with program Case Aide in obtaining resources, support services, and advocacy assistance. Collaborate with program Clinician and/or CASAC in assessment of family members
- Collaborate with ACS Family Service Workers (FSW) and legal team in monitoring families to assure family court compliance with mandated services, and family attendance of court hearings
- Complete periodic court reports on family-case progress; attend family court hearings
- Complete all other program required paperwork, i.e., Progress Notes, Program Family Assessments, Family Assessment Service Plans (FASPs), and other reporting requirements
- Ensure families and children attend and participate in Family Team Conferences to promote case progress, reduce length of services and improved outcomes for children
- Attend and participate in meetings and conferences pertaining to family cases as assigned with other agencies, child welfare, and/or family court
- Participate in monthly Clinical Diagnostic Team (CDT) meetings to discuss family case progress, and/or develop intervention strategies to improve family outcomes
- Participate in weekly Supervision, with a planned agenda on family case issues to discuss
- Implement QA data to drive case practice and improve performance and achieve outcomes
- Attend ACS and agency in-house trainings as required
- Attend community events, forums, coalitions to increase program visibility and knowledge of community resources
- Participate in internal and external continuous QI processes
Candidates will have a master’s degree in Social Work or in MHC, experience working with a substance abuse/mental health population. Good verbal and written communication skills required. Must be computer literate. Bilingual in Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, or Arabic strongly preferred. Experience in preventive services and/or foster care is also a strong plus.
All interviews are primarily conducted via video conferencing due to COVID-19 health risks. Currently, work is primarily done remotely.
Please indicate "Queens or Brooklyn FTR Case Planner - Preventive Services" in the subject line when applying. Please submit cover letter and resume to:
Flexible hours including Saturdays | Excellent Benefits & Salary / EEO
For any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Name: Franc Villalobos
Address: 315 Wyckoff Ave
State/Province: New York
Country: United States