DIRECTOR OF TREATMENT SERVICES
The Family Center’s service array includes Outpatient Mental Health and Substance Abuse Treatment, Legal Services, as well as a wide range of supportive services to assist clients with meeting their treatment and life goals. The agency serves over 1,500 adults and children/youth annually. The Director of Treatment Services provides ongoing oversight and leadership for the integration of mental health and addiction treatment services and works closely with the Director of Supportive Services to ensure every client has access to the resources they need to successfully achieve their goals. The Director of Treatment Services reports to the Deputy Executive Director Programs. S/he supervises a team of three clinical supervisors and a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner.
• Supervise day-to-day operations of agency’s integrated mental health and drug abuse treatment services.
• Hire and provide leadership, guidance, direction, and supervision to all treatment supervisors and prescribing medical staff to ensure accurate and timely completion of Treatment Plans and Progress Notes as well as service authorizations.
• Ensure all services meet highest quality and patient safety standards.
• Monitor all treatment protocols and correct as needed to ensure all state and city oversight-agency compliance and certification requirements are met.
• Provide leadership and supervision of treatment model implementation, ensuring all evidence based models are delivered with fidelity.
• Manage data collection for evaluation and research activities ensuring timeliness and accuracy, minimizing clients lost to follow-up.
• Provide clinical and task supervision for treatment supervisors and task supervision for nurse.
• Monitor professional development plans for all treatment professionals.
• Maximize effectiveness of Electronic Health Record to help staff meet service quality and efficiency targets, and ensure record security.
• Provide leadership for treatment CQI process and projects.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Strong leadership, excellent organizational and communication skills.
• Documented success leading collaborative efforts within and across agencies
• Understand Medicaid/Medicare and private insurance billing.
• Knowledge of health policy, including health reform; industry standards in the provision of community mental health services; clinical trends and research.
• Ability to work on a strong team of professionals in a culturally diverse environment
• Ability to multitask and to work and function under pressure.