The Family Center Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic (TFC-CCBHC) provides crisis Mental Health Services, Screening/Assessment/Diagnosis, including risk assessment, Person-Centered Treatment Planning, Outpatient Mental Health and Substance Abuse Treatment, Primary care coordination/screening and monitoring of key health indicators and health risk services, Psychiatric Rehabilitation Services, Case Management, and Social, Peer and Community Recovery Support. The TFC-CCBHC program serves 300 adults and 50 children/youth annually. The Peer Specialist supports adults and children with SMI/SED/SUD/COD with the goal of reducing barriers to treatment, connecting clients to treatment, and keeping women engaged in all needed services. S/he reports to the Care Coordination Supervisor.
• Engage and motivate CCBHC clients across different addiction and mental health treatment modalities (outpatient, inpatient, residential, detoxification, methadone maintenance) who may be at-risk for dropping out of services
• Serve as client’s personal guide and mentor by removing barriers and obstacles to recovery
• Member of 24 hour Crisis team assisting with crisis intervention, crisis stabilization and mobile emergency response on rotating schedule.
• Ensure all care meets all Trauma Informed Best Practice criteria
• Participate in reflective supervision of all cases, demonstrating progressive ability to critically assess own work and actively engage with supervisor to address areas in need of improvement
• Provide peer coaching to assist individuals transition from professionally-assisted recovery initiation to personally-directed, community-supported recovery maintenance
• Utilize Motivational Interviewing (MI) techniques to help clients develop a person-centered Wellness Recovery Action Plan describing specific goals and objectives for sustaining recovery
• Facilitate psycho-educational and support groups
• Escort clients to appointments and peer support groups and provide encouragement for opportunities in community-based activities that support recovery
• Maintain contact by phone and/or e-mail with recovering person after they leave treatment to ensure their ongoing success, provide re-engagement support, and collect follow-up data
• Conduct HIV and Hepatitis C Rapid Testing, following agency protocol
• Participate in treatment and recovery team meetings to address needs of high-risk clients.
• Any other special projects as requested.
• High school diploma or equivalent along with two years of social service experience with individuals with substance use and/or mental health disorders
• Certified in one of following: Recovery Peer Advocate (CRPA), Family Peer Advocate, Youth Peer Advocate, Mental Health Peer Advocate
• HIV or Hepatitis C testing experience, a plus
• Spanish bilingual preferred
• Excellent time management and phone and face-to-face engagement skills
• Flexibility to travel to multiple treatment settings across different levels of care
• Computer proficiency
Please email resume with cover letter that includes salary requirements to email@example.com and put “TFC-CCBHC Peer Specialist” in subject line.
The Family Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Family Center is covered under FMLA.