TFC-CCBHC CREDENTIALED ALCOHOL AND SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELOR (CASAC)|
The Family Center
<< Go back |
Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
||Aug 12, 2021
||- n/a -
||US - New York - Brooklyn
||- n/a -
The Family Center Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic (TFC-CCBHC) provides crisis Mental Health Services, Screening/Assessment/Diagnosis, Person-Centered Treatment Planning, Outpatient Mental Health and Substance Abuse Treatment, Primary care coordination/screening Psychiatric Rehabilitation Services, Case Management, and Social, Peer and Community Recovery Support. The TFC-CCBHC program serves 300 adults and 50 children/youth annually. The CCBHC CASAC provides evidence based treatment to assist adult and youth clients in meeting their life goals. The CASAC works closely with all members of the CCBHC team and maintains a caseload of 25-30 individuals and families. This is a full-time position. S/he reports to the Behavioral Health Supervisor - CCBHC.
• Provide evidence based therapeutic interventions for adults and children.
• Provide Crisis Behavioral Health services, including 24-hour emergency crisis intervention services, crisis stabilization, and mobile crisis response on rotating schedule.
• Ensure care meets all Trauma Informed Best Practice criteria.
• Employ all evidence based treatment models with fidelity to developer protocols.
• Screen, Assess, Diagnose clients as foundation for person-centered treatment planning.
• Participate in reflective supervision of all cases, demonstrating progressive ability to critically assess own clinical work and actively engage with clinical supervisor to address areas in need of improvement.
• Timely completion of all documentation required for service billing.
• Consistent follow up with all clients, and as appropriate families, to promote engagement and retention in services and to ensure all barriers to service access and use are addressed.
• Assist clients in obtaining additional services as needed, including through the other components of TFC-CCBHC.
• Work collaboratively with other agency and outside providers to ensure seamless integration of services particularly for those with acute and complex needs.
• Participate in treatment and recovery team meetings to address needs of high-risk clients.
• Any special projects as requested.
• HS Diploma required. Associate Degree or College Credits Preferred
• Credentialed Alcohol and Substance Abuse Counselor by the state of New York required.
• Minimum 4 years counseling service experience with CCBHC population or equivalent
• Excellent writing skills, ability to submit documentation on a set timeline.
• Demonstrated success working on an integrated care team.
• Familiar with Evidence Based Models of treatment (MI, CBT, DBT)
• Ability to provide professional, confidential services to families and function in a high paced environment.
• Bilingual fluency a plus (Spanish, Creole)
Please email resume with cover letter that includes salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org and put “TFC-CCBHC Credentialed Alcohol and Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC)” in subject line.
The Family Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Family Center is covered under FMLA.
State/Province: New York
Country: United States