Bilingual Family Coordinator, Caregiver Program
The Family Center is a not-for-profit organization providing social and legal services to keep families stronger, longer. The Family Center has been the pioneer in the design and research of care coordination, supportive counseling, permanency planning and advocacy services that address the myriad of issues that challenge families headed by families impacted by illness, crisis and loss. Please visit our website at www.thefamilycenter.org to learn more about our services.
The Family Coordinator will provide support, psychoeducation, case management and advocacy to vulnerable families, primarily kinship caregivers and adoptive parents. Based in TFC’s Brooklyn office, The Family Coordinator will conduct home visits and other field work in alignment with contract requirements and client needs. The Family Coordinator reports to the Family Wellness Program Supervisor.
• Provide home and community-based assessment, crisis intervention, care management, parenting coaching and support to vulnerable families, throughout New York City.
• Conduct thorough assessments using a variety of locally-developed and standardized tools and develop meaningful service plan goals.
• Facilitate internal and external referrals for a range of services to meet critical individual and family needs and expand access to community-based enrichment and social support.
• Accompany clients to fair hearings, case conferences and other appointments.
• Maintain a caseload of 16-20 families
• Facilitate peer support groups, family activities and parenting training.
• Conduct outreach to promote TFC’s services among providers and community members.
• Deliver and document services, including evidence-based interventions, with fidelity to program and agency protocol.
• Document all work with clients in electronic health record system.
• Manage extensive field schedule and use remote access tools to coordinate and communicate with supervisor and peers remotely.
• Manage varied assessment and reporting protocols across caseload based on program enrollment.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field, or at least 4 years relevant work experience
• Family Peer Advocate Certification, a plus
• Familiarity with benefits and resources available to low-income families.
• Experience facilitating groups and/or parenting training
• Bilingual Spanish required
Please email resume with cover letter that includes salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org and put “Bilingual Family Coordinator, Caregiver Program” in subject line.
The Family Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Family Center is covered under FMLA.