Residential Counselors - Respite Drop In Center (Overnight)|
Bill Wilson Center
View this organization's profile and their additional job openings
<< Go back |
Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
||Jun 18, 2020
||Depending on experience.
||US - California - San Jose
||- n/a -
Bill Wilson Center is a nationally and regionally recognized leader for providing services to at-risk youth and families. Our agency -- from our executive team to our line staff -- is committed to improving the lives and conditions of the people we serve. We provide direct services to more than 3,500 children, youth, young adults and families in Santa Clara County. BWC provides services that meet the cultural and linguistic needs of our whole community. We value our unique ethnic diversity as well as the LGBTQ community and non-able body community. Join us and become a difference maker at Bill Wilson Center! Find out more at http://www.billwilsoncenter.org/bwc_jobs/
We have an immediate opening for an Overnight Residential Counselors at our Respite Drop In Center Program. Under the supervision of the Program Manager Drop In Center, the Residential Counselor cares for young adults in the Drop In Center respite overnight.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assists with mental health and prevention services including individual, group and community activities for the 24/7 Drop In Center
• Serves as an appropriate role model for youth
• Completes documentation regarding client issues/progress timely and accurately
• Ensuring safety of youth.
• Must be able to communicate effectively, get along with coworkers, clients and management and deal effectively and professionally under pressure
• Attend agency meetings as appropriate
• Maintains statistics and records as required – data entry of program statistics
• Positions are overnight and require flexibility of schedule
• Must be able to communicate effectively, get along with coworkers and management and deal effectively and professionally under pressure.
• Participate in agency Program Quality Improvement activities and initiatives
• Participate in agency Safety initiatives and proactively report safety issues to management immediately
• Monitor respite facility conditions to ensure safety and/or cleanliness issues are addressed in a timely manner. Report all maintenance or safety issues to manager or Facilities Manager immediately.
• Regular attendance is a requirement of the position.
• Other duties as assigned.
High School diploma or equivalent or life experiences related to the clients served. Experience working with homeless and culturally diverse youth. Knowledge of Transitional Age Youth mental health issues and needs. Experience working with culturally diverse youth required. Valid CA drivers license with access to a personal vehicle with current Ins. Fingerprinting, TB test & CPR/First Aid required.
For consideration, please submit cover letter and resume to:
FAX: (408) 244-4022
Please indicate which job you are applying for in subject line.
For a full job description please visit - http://www.billwilsoncenter.org/bwc_jobs/
Country: United States