The Center for Urban Community Services, a national leader in the development of effective housing and service initiatives for homeless people, invites applications for a Case Manager position at the Schermerhorn House, a 217 unit permanent housing site for single adults located in Boerum Hill, Brooklyn. The project houses individuals with histories of homelessness, mental illness and/or substance abuse, individuals living with HIV/AIDS and low income people who are members of the performing arts community.
The Case Manager is responsible for providing a full range of direct services to clients with particular emphasis on mental health, physical health and substance abuse services. Services may also include money management, coordination of care, assistance with self-administration of medication, on- going individual counseling, and complete documentation of these services. Additional responsibilities include involvement in evidence based practices such as Supported Employment, Wellness Self-Management, and Motivational Interviewing. The Case Manager will participate and contribute to a program culture that is client-centered, outcome-oriented and dedicated to continuous quality improvement.
· 4 days a week: 9am-5pm
· 1 day a week: 12pm-8pm
· Case Manager 2 – Bachelor’s Degree or HS Diploma or equivalent and 4 years relevant experience.
· Case Manager 3 - BSW and 1 year relevant experience (excluding fieldwork) or Bachelor’s degree and 2 years relevant experience or HS diploma or equivalent and 6 years relevant experience.
· For applicants without college degrees, every 30 credits can be substituted for 1 year of experience.
· Strong written and verbal communications skills
· Computer literacy required
· Demonstrated ability to provide services to a specialized population
· Must be able to work effectively as a part of a team.