Outreach Counselor - LGBTQ Behavioral Health Services|
Bill Wilson Center
View this organization's profile and their additional job openings
<< Go back |
Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
||Jun 12, 2020
||Depending on experience.
||US - California - San Jose
||- n/a -
We have a wonderful opportunity for an Outreach Counselor in our LGBTQ Services Program. Under the supervision of Program Supervisor, the LGBTQ Outreach Counselor is responsible for community, center-based, and street outreach to LGBTQ youth, and program evaluation and reporting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop and facilitate engagement activities at the LGBTQ Drop-In Center for youth
• Provide drop-in Case Management services including information and referral/ linkage to services within BWC as well as community referrals to meet youth’s needs
• Coordinate development of marketing materials and outreach/ marketing plan to promote activities and attendance at LGBTQ Drop-In Center
• Develop LGBTQ street outreach plan and conduct outreach to LGBTQ youth/ young adult community
• Conduct street outreach to areas frequented by street youth to provide care kits, HIV/ STI and drug and alcohol abuse information to clients as well as linkage to resources
• Provide outreach at other community locations (i.e. school, library, clinics, social events) to provide information, linkage, and referral regarding BWC and other community resources to youth
• Provide educational and awareness-raising trainings both within agency and to community partner agencies to increase knowledge around best practices to serve youth
• Provide transportation as needed for clients
• Document contacts and outreach activities in AWARDS electronic health record system – accurate and timely data entry required.
• Complete program data and reporting forms by required deadline
• Attend LGBTQ team, Mental Health, and agency meetings and trainings as needed/required/appropriate
• Assist with crisis intervention as needed
• Participate in program evaluation and recommendations.
• Coordinate Focus Groups with LGBTQ clients and provide reports on findings
• Responsible for managing any incentive or other budget amounts that may be part of the program.
• Provide recommendations for LGBTQ specific, complementing programs and services that can be added to BWC’s offerings
• Attend agency and other program and/or community meetings as appropriate.
• Supervise volunteers that may be assigned to the program.
• Regular attendance and punctuality is a requirement of the position.
• Participate in agency Program Quality Improvement Activities and initiatives
• Participate in agency Safety initiatives and proactively report safety issues to management immediately
• Ensure cleanliness and tidiness at Drop-In Center site. Report maintenance and safety issues to manager or Facilities Manager immediately.
• Other duties may be assigned.
Strong understanding of LGBTQ affirmative care. Lived experience as LGBTQ or LGBTQ ally. Prior experience planning and implementing outreach activities. Prior lived or professional experience with mental health systems of care desirable. Ability to multi-task and must be detail oriented. Ability to independently prioritize workloads and manage multiple deadlines. Must have flexible schedule to attend evening and weekend events. Bilingual communication skills (Eng/Spanish) highly desired
For consideration, please submit cover letter and resume to:
FAX: (408) 244-4022
Please indicate which job you are applying for in subject line.
For a full job description please visit - http://www.billwilsoncenter.org/bwc_jobs/