Recovery Therapist is responsible for meeting with all residential treatment clients on a weekly or bi-weekly basis (dependent upon mental health disorders (DSM-5), ASAM designation and level of client need) and solely responsible for development of client’s Treatment Plan. Recovery Therapist is an integral team member who is also responsible for the development of Safety Plans focusing on self-harm. Recovery Therapist is always available for crisis intervention, urgently meeting clients who have relapsed and are in need of Relapse Prevention Plan modifications.
Will only consider candidates in San Francisco Bay Area who meet our requirements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to meet the qualifications and perform the essential job duties listed:
• Master’s degree with a minimum of two years of experience working with individuals who have substance use disorders, mental health disorders, as well as experience working with individuals who have experienced trauma.
• Experience with crisis management and assessing history of drug use.
• Experience in diagnosing using the DSM-5.
• Experience facilitating group therapy and individual therapy.
• Have knowledge and understanding of the 12-step Programs.
• Have excellent computer skills and time management skills to ensure the timely completion of all Progress notes and comprehensive client record documentation in AVATAR; must attend trainings for AVATAR and achieve competency in using this system for client record documentation;
• Must work well with others and have excellent communication skills amongst multi-disciplinary team member.
• Meet all Agency conditions for employment.
• Facilitate at least 3-5 recovery groups weekly.
• Provide individual relapse prevention therapy with a caseload of 20 clients, meeting with each client 1-2 times each week.
• Formulate individual treatment plans with each client; update treatment plans every 30 days; effectively, accurately and timely communication of test results from Redwood toxicology to both the team as well as the clients.
• Maintain AVATAR compliance and enter Progress notes and Treatment Plans in a timely manner
• Manage crisis situations and respond promptly to client needs.
• Handle sensitive and confidential situations while managing any transference or countertransference that may arise.
• Communicate clearly and effectively with coworkers and with clients.
• Perform efficiently and professionally under pressure, while always maintaining appropriate judgment and professional boundaries in all interactions with clients and staff.
• Attend Epiphany Center meetings and In-Services as required.
• Acknowledge safety policies and procedures and immediately report potential safety concerns.
• Support and implement Epiphany Center Mission and Values.