JOB SUMMARY: Hathaway-Sycamores Child & Family Services provides a spectrum of mental health services through various programs for populations of all acuities. Although it serves a variety of consumers, the agency focuses primarily on providing care to low-income, high at- risk youth. The role of the Youth Specialist II is to assist in the implementation of plans for the supervision, care and treatment of children and youth to meet the programmatic and treatment objectives. These plans are based on the youth/young adult’s individual needs, both emotional and behavioral, and are implemented in a safe environment in which they can de-escalate, express their feelings, problem solve and re-focus.
• Bachelor’s degree required and two years’ experience with SED children.
• Maintains all required licenses and certifications.
• Valid California Driver License and a driving record acceptable to the Agency’s insurance carrier.
• Must have the skills necessary to engage and work with others from diverse backgrounds.
• Maintain a non-judgmental attitude toward families.
• Modify and adjust individual intervention techniques for each situation while maintaining the original direction of the plan.
• Assess and respond to a crisis in a prompt and effective and collaborative manner. • Share information with families and colleagues
• BILINGUAL SPANISH FLUENCY REQUIRED
Sunday 10 am – 10 pm
Monday 2 pm – 10 pm
Tuesday 2 pm – 10 pm
Wednesday 11 am – 9 pm
•For Residential staff only, the ability to physically manage and/or de-escalate consumers/residents. This includes the physical ability to restrain consumers in conformity with Pro-ACT training.
•Ability to practice physical intervention for safety of consumers according to training and policy.
•Ability to operate a motor vehicle.
•Frequent driving in the community with consumers.
•Frequent/continuous intermittent standing/walking, occasional/intermittent sitting.
•Continuous use of bilateral upper extremities in fine motor activities requiring fingering, grasping, and forward reaching between waist and chest level.
•Reaching at or above shoulder level may be necessary.
•Bending, squatting, kneeling, pushing/pulling, twisting and climbing.
•Occasional/intermittent lifting and carrying objects/equipment weighing up to 25 pounds.
•Continuous use of near vision, hearing and verbal communication skills in handling telephone calls, interacting with customers and co-workers and performing job duties.
•Requires physical presence in the office during shift.
All candidates who are presented with a conditional offer of employment must satisfy a pre-employment background check, drug and health screen. DOE