Bilingual Call Specialist (English/Spanish) - Crisis Support Hotlines|
Bill Wilson Center
View this organization's profile and their additional job openings
<< Go back |
Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
||May 22, 2020
||Depending on experience.
||US - California - Santa Clara
||- n/a -
Bill Wilson Center is a nationally and regionally recognized leader for providing services to at-risk youth and families. Our agency -- from our executive team to our line staff -- is committed to improving the lives and conditions of the people we serve. We provide direct services to more than 3,500 children, youth, young adults and families in Santa Clara County. BWC provides services that meet the cultural and linguistic needs of our whole community. We value our unique ethnic diversity as well as the LGBTQ community and non-able body community. Join us and become a difference maker at Bill Wilson Center! Find out more at http://www.billwilsoncenter.org/bwc_jobs/
We have a wonderful opportunity for a Bilingual Call Specialist (English/Spanish) in Contact Cares/Centralized Intake. The full time Call Specialist for Contact Cares/Centralized Intake handles high risk/crisis calls and provides specialized support and intake services to clients who call. Also, provides support to volunteer Telephone Counselors assigned to the program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist Program Manager as instructed
• Responds timely and appropriately to crisis calls and follows all applicable protocols and timelines
• Provides phone intake to clients seeking BWC services
• Specialized in handling TAY and SOS crisis calls and intakes
• Responsible for reviewing TAY and SOS intakes completed by volunteers before they are sent to consultants
• Assists with volunteer scheduling to ensure phone coverage during program operating hours
• Assists in development and implementation of volunteer recruitment and retention strategies
• Provides feedback to Program Manager on volunteer performance
• Responsible for data collection and data entry using BWC’s electronic health record system. Compiles and updates caller information.
• Responsible for maintaining the volunteer picture board
• Provides crisis intervention for callers following appropriate procedures and guidelines
• Assists with event planning and preparation
• Assist with Contact Cares trainings for volunteers
• Participate in community outreach and facilitate presentations to market crisis lines and services
• Performs general administrative duties as required
• Covers shifts as required
• Attends required agency and program meetings
• Participate in agency Program Quality Improvement activities and initiatives
• Participate in agency Safety initiatives and proactively report safety issues to management immediately
• Regular attendance is a requirement of the position.
• Flexible schedule for some nights and weekends when needed
• Other duties as assigned
AA preferred; or high school diploma plus one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience working with a culturally diverse population required. Valid Ca driver’s license with access to a personal vehicle with current insurance that can be used for company business. Fingerprinting/background check as required by the Department of Justice and/or Title XXII regulations.
For consideration, please submit cover letter and resume to:
FAX: (408) 244-4022
Please indicate which job you are applying for in subject line.
For a full job description please visit - http://www.billwilsoncenter.org/bwc_jobs/