The position is with the Supportive Housing Program, which provides various services to formerly homeless adults including income advocacy, money management, case management, and housing retention. Pursuant to the city and state’s Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with conviction records for employment. This position is included in the Collective Bargaining Agreement with SEIU 1021.
Experience with the C.A.A.P. program a plus. Working knowledge of Harm Reduction a plus.
People from diverse cultural backgrounds encouraged to apply.
SALARY: $21.47 per hour ($44,657 annualized) plus excellent benefits. Additional $3.00 per hour premium pay for direct services May through June 2020
REPORTS TO: Associate Director-SHP- Aranda
- Provide services and information to tenants in a manner that is supportive, constructive and non-judgmental.
- Conduct intakes in collaboration with Property Management, and formulate case presentations.
- Admit and orient new tenants to the program.
- Assess tenant needs for medical and psychiatric evaluations and make appropriate referrals.
- Develop and implement service plans and contracts.
- Coordinate case conferences other services providers assisting tenant.
- Provide on-site money management for CAAP benefits. Interface with Department of Human Services.
- Facilitate community-building activities within the Hotel.
- Participate in the preparation of monthly community meetings and holiday celebrations; must be willing to prepare and distribute foods to our tenant population.
- Provide advocacy assistance pursuing entitlements, clothing, health care, mental health services and other issues. Maintain entitlements and ensure proper completion of client applications and forms.
- Respond in crisis situations to provide de-escalation and conflict resolution assistance utilizing appropriate methods according to agency procedures.
- Develop and implement plan for client placement upon discharge from the program.
- Perform general office duties such as phones, filing, doing rosters, etc.