The position is with the Community Services Program, which provides various services including representative payee, income advocacy, money management, case management, and referrals to community resources. Pursuant to the city and state’s Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment. This position is included in the collective bargaining unit with SEIU Local 1021.
Knowledge of Social Security, City Adult Assistance Programs and Veteran Administration entitlements are essential. Demonstrated Case Management skills in housing and social service referral sources preferred. People from diverse backgrounds encouraged to apply.
SALARY: $21.47 per hour or $44,658 annualized and excellent benefits. Additional $3.00 per hour premium pay for direct services May through June 2020
REPORTS TO: Community Services Senior Program Director II– South
- Provide services and information in a manner that is supportive and non-judgmental.
- Develop and implement case management and money management plans and contracts.
- Coordinate case conferences with Care Managers and other providers assisting clients.
- Help clients negotiate bills, purchases and other expenditures. Request, prepare and document payments.
- Maintain accurate account balances and money management documentation.
- Provide advocacy and assistance pursuing entitlements, housing, and other referral services.
- Complete and submit Social Security reports and reviews in a timely manner.
- Ensure income benefits by completing required paperwork or referrals to advocacy agencies.
Intervene in crisis situations to bring problem under control.
- Develop and implement plan for client placement upon discharge from the program.
- Perform general office duties such as answering phones, filing paperwork, making copies, etc.
- Attend agency and sponsoring agency staff meetings and trainings as required.
- Provide temporary coverage at other CHCS or SHP programs, as needed.
- Assist with other responsibilities as assigned by the Program Director.