Bill Wilson Center is a nationally and regionally recognized leader for providing services to at-risk youth and families. Our agency -- from our executive team to our line staff -- is committed to improving the lives and conditions of the people we serve. We provide direct services to more than 3,500 children, youth, young adults and families in Santa Clara County. BWC provides services that meet the cultural and linguistic needs of our whole community. We value our unique ethnic diversity as well as the LGBTQ community and non-able body community. Join us and become a difference maker at Bill Wilson Center! Find out more at http://www.billwilsoncenter.org/bwc_jobs/
We have wonderful opportunities for Residential Counselors at our Young Adult Shelter / Interim Housing Program.
1 Part Time Thursday – Saturday 4:30 PM – 1:00 AM 24 hrs per week
1 Full Time 40 Hrs Per Week
The Residential Counselor cares for and supervises youth housed by performing the following essential duties and responsibilities during the overnight shift.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist in screening, evaluation and orientation of homeless youth.
• Handle crisis phone calls and occasional walk-in crisis situations.
• Provide individual and group counseling to residents.
• Complete weekly and monthly program reports.
• Maintain and dispense appropriate medications.
• Maintain statistical data and complete reports as appropriate. Enter ALL client data into AWARDS AND HMIS systems. Must maintain AWARDS and HMIS updated with all client information and data.
• Attend agency and other program meetings as appropriate.
• Participate in agency Program Quality Improvement activities and initiatives
• Participate in agency Safety initiatives and proactively report safety issues to management immediately
• Complete program and financial documentation according to program and agency standards.
• Ensure clients are prepared each morning for work, school or other activities.
• Gives instructions to youth regarding desirable health and personal habits.
• Discipline youth and recommend or initiate other measures to control behavior.
• Escort youth to designated activities
• Assist with housekeeping duties and ensure cleanliness and tidiness at all times.
• Ensure safe environment for fellow employees and residents.
• Attend meetings and trainings as required
• Ensure that site is neat and tidy and report all maintenance or safety issues to manger or Facilities Manager immediately.
• Regular attendance is a requirement of the position.
• Other duties as assigned.