The Director of Programs & Services is responsible for the overall day-to-day supervision and guidance of Village programs and services to children and Professional Foster Parents.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides leadership to assure Village census goals are met or exceeded, including achieving a significant revenue increase and stabilization of program funding, and that the Village maintains a strong sense of community is cohesive, and high standards of client care are maintained.
2. Provides oversight to all Village programs assuring program effectiveness and systems are in place to track successes and identify areas of improvement. Works to improve program deliverables.
3. Develop new programs to support the needs of clients and the strategic direction of the organization.
4. Leads the selection and admission process for intake of children following all state and organizational guidelines. Meets regularly with the COO and other team members to review guidelines, admissions and placement issues related to the well-being of the children.
5. Responsible for the selection, training and development of Professional Foster Parents to assure homes are adequately staffed with appropriate trained personnel, with support from and in coordination with other departments.
6. Develops, executes, and oversees volunteer leadership programming. Works closely with Advancement and Recruitment to develop a plan for volunteer engagement program.
7. Design, deliver, and evaluate programs that meet the needs and interests of youth and families to enhance quality of life.
8. Actively engages and identifies community partners to support the Village’s goals and enhance the mission.
9. Provides leadership to program staff and direct supervision of Foster Parents, Child Welfare Supervisor, Program Assistant, and other Village staff as assigned. Provides leadership and indirect supervision of Child Welfare Specialists, Education & Activities Coordinator/Specialist, and Relief Parents.
10. Other duties as assigned. --Please visit our Careers Page to read the full job description.
1. Masters degree in Social Work or relevant Masters Degree which meets DCFS requirements from an accredited institution.
2. A minimum of 5 years social service supervisory experience working with children and families in the child welfare system. Program leadership preferred. LCSW or clinical experience preferred.
3. DCFS Child Welfare Employee Licensure required; 402 Licensure.
4. Experienced in team building, implementing behavior modification plans and needs assessment.
5. Ability to work with DCFS, courts and other social service systems.
6. Ability to pass DCFS required criminal background check including CANTS/SACWIS, Drug Screen and SORS.
7. Ability to provide required DCFS Medical Report/TB test.
8. Valid Illinois driver's license with acceptable driving record; insured and reliable transportation.
9. Sensitivity to the cultural and socioeconomic characteristics of clients and staff.
10. Ability to relate to the Agency staff and to the public in a courteous and professional manner.
11. Strong communication, organizational and computer skills.
12. Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment.
13. Ability to handle sensitive and confidential materials.
14. Commitment to SOS Children’s Villages Illinois philosophy and mission.