Director of Adult Home Initiative|
<< Go back |
Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
||May 08, 2020
||- n/a -
||- n/a -
||US - New York - Far Rockaway/Queens,Bronx
||- n/a -
The Adult Home Initiative is designed to assist Adult Home Residents through a multi-phased process leading to successful transition into Supported Housing. The initiative will provide peer supports during the in-reach, assessment, HRA approval, and moving transition phases, as desired and needed by the residents. The initiative will utilize a range of individualized and group-based peer-informed strategies to promote housing transitions, striving to empower class members through exposure to possibilities, development of self-advocacy skills, promoting informed choice, and enhancing community engagement.
Position Type: Full Time with the ability to travel and work afternoons, evenings and weekends.
Position Location: Queens (Far Rockaway) Bronx
Position Salary: Negotiable based on experience
Essential Job Function
• Hires, and provides supervision and training to assigned staff so that agency and initiative goals are communicated effectively, job performance is continuously evaluated, and appropriate training is given.
• Establishes procedures and protocols guiding staff involvement in all phases of adult home resident transition
Design and establish creative engagement strategies that inspire class members to move toward living in supported housing.
• Design and establish Peer Support service structures and processes to help address class members' barriers to transitioning into supported housing.
• Continually assess and clarify role and responsibilities of AHI staff in-reach, assessment and service planning support strategies
• Develops AHI materials to illustrate and inspire community integrated life in Supported Housing for class members.
other partners in the development and delivery of relevant peer-focused training materials and practices.
• Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree required, Master's Degree preferred.
• At least 3 years of supervisory exp, required
• At least 3 years of exp working in behavioral health setting: peer service delivery, community development, rehabilitation or recovery-oriented services, preferred.
• Recipient/survivor of mental health services, preferred.
• Experience with developing new initiatives and program start-up, preferred.
• Leadership experience in Peer-led projects and services, preferred.
• Experience with New York Mental Health Housing, preferred.
Excellent oral/ written diplomatic/ professional communication skills.
• Ability to travel and work afternoons, evenings and weekends.
• Three weeks of vacation, five personal days, 12 sick days, 10 paid holidays
• Travel Reimbursement
• College savings planPre-tax savings plan (including Flexible Spending Accounts and TransitChek)
• 403b contribution; life insurance
• Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental plans; Employee Assistance Program
• Summer Flex Hours
• Paid Family Leave; Short-Term Disability insurance
URL: https://communityaccess.e3applicants.com/careers/Director-of-Adult-Home Initiative-677