The Assistant Director has responsibility for the general welfare of tenants and assuring that services are provided consistent with the program's mission. Specific tasks toward these ends are assuring that the program meets agency and funder standards for program census, service delivery, staffing, and record keeping; establishing and maintaining an environment for tenants and staff that is consistent with agency values; and monitoring the maintenance of the physical plant. The Assistant Director also serves as back-up to the Program Director for oversight of of the program in the program director's absence.
Position Type: Full Time
Position Location: Bronx – Bruckner Ave.
Position Salary: $65,000 (based on experience
Essential Job Function
• Recruit, hire and provide supervision to assigned staff so that agency and department goals are communicated effectively, job performance is continuously evaluated and appropriate training and/or correction is made.
• Understand and follow agency and program procedures to assist Program Director in management of program.
• Support the day-to-day operation of the program, staff and processes, including promoting the safety, well-being and comfort of tenants.
• Oversee the upkeep and maintenance of all facility issues including cleaning, repairs, coordination with outside vendors, and supervision of maintenance staff.
•Provide twenty-four hour on call emergency coverage and crisis intervention.
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree required
• Master's Degree in related field preferred, work experience within field may be substituted for degree.
• At least 3 years of previous exp working with mental health consumers, formerly homeless and persons with histories of drug/alcohol abuse, preferred.
• 2 yrs of previous supervisory exp preferred.
• Skilled in articulating program goals.
• Capacity to monitor details of program operation.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to work as part of a team.
• Ability to utilize various computer programs, specifically Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Ability to work weekends and holidays, due to events or staff shortage as necessary.
• Three weeks of vacation, five personal days, 12 sick days, 10 paid holidays
• Travel Reimbursement
• College savings plan Pre-tax savings plan (including Flexible Spending Accounts and TransitChek)
• 403b contribution; life insurance
• Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental plans; Employee Assistance Program
• Summer Flex Hours
• Paid Family Leave; Short-Term Disability insurance