The following position is currently available at Janian Medical Care P.C.
Intensive Mobile Treatment Team
Registered Nurse (2) Full Time Positions Available
Janian Medical Care, P.C., seeks a Registered Nurse for CUCS’ Intensive Mobile Treatment (IMT) Team. As part of Mayor DeBlasio’s NYC Safe initiative, the Intensive Mobile Treatment (IMT) Team is designed to provide care to New Yorkers who have had recent and frequent contact with the mental health, criminal justice and homeless systems. DoHMH has chosen CUCS to expand its successful operation of IMT to include two additional Manhattan based Teams which each provide care to a maximum of 27 clients. Each team consists of 4 social service clinicians including the IMT Team director, 2 peers, a half-time psychiatrist and a Registered Nurse.
CUCS’ partner, Janian Medical Care provides psychiatric, nursing and primary care to homeless and formerly homeless New Yorkers in supportive housing, shelters and with street outreach teams. Janian Medical Care is widely recognized as a leader in the delivery and development of on-site clinical services and at offering clinicians a supportive, flexible work environment that supports clinical freedom and creativity. Our clinicians enjoy expert supervision that encourages clinical excellence and continued professional development. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and excellent benefits. There is a 10% salary supplement for service to the IMT Team. This is a full-time position. Working hours may be flexible.
The Registered Nurse will have primary responsibility for improving the overall health of program participants including promotion of physical and mental health integration. The Registered Nurse will work with members of the multi-disciplinary IMT Team towards this goal by engaging in the following activities:
· Conducting diagnostic and risk assessments and providing care in multiple settings including in institutional settings and in participants’ homes
· Providing clinical care, including administering medication, at the direction of the IMT psychiatrist
· Maintaining medication logs and databases
· Assisting participants with compliance with treatment including with medications
· Linking participants to primary and specialty care
· Participating in multidisciplinary team meetings
· Liaising with pharmacies, hospitals and city agencies as needed
· New York State licensed Registered Nurse
· Experience working with people living with mental illness and/or with homeless or justice-involved people preferred
· Bilingual preferred but not required