The Christopher is a 167-unit supportive housing residence for single adults located in the Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan. The building provides permanent, affordable housing and case management services to low income tenants, many of whom have histories of mental illness, homelessness, substance abuse, and /or HIV/AIDS. The Christopher is seeking a full time Social Worker.
The Social Worker will provide a full range of clinical services to tenants, assist in program planning, development and implementation of group services with particular emphasis on mental health, chemical dependency and services to people living with HIV/AIDS. Additional responsibilities include involvement in evidence based practices such as Supported Employment and Motivational Interviewing.
· MSW required, LMSW preferred
· CUCS requires that all full-time social workers who provide services within the LMSW or LCSW scope of practice to have a license within 6 months from date of hire
· Recent and upcoming graduates and experienced clinicians encouraged to apply.
· Excellent outreach, assessment, written and verbal communication skills.
· Must be able to work effectively in a team.
· Computer literacy required.
· Bilingual Spanish/English strongly preferred