Youth Counselor - Overnight and 2nd shifts|
Boys & Girls Haven
View this organization's profile and their additional job openings
<< Go back |
Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
||May 29, 2020
||- n/a -
||$12.50 to $14.50 Hourly
||US - Kentucky - Louisville
||- n/a -
A) Safe Crisis Management;
B) Operation of Agency Vehicles;
C) Physical Demands:
- While performing the duties of this job, employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to manually manipulate, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
- Employee is required to walk or stand.
- Must frequently lift &/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, & ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to read, write &converse in English.
- Ability to respond to telephone & other auditory stimulation.
- Function at all times as a caring, therapeutic cottage team member who serves as a positive role model, particularly in demonstrating compliance with established program policies & guidelines.
- Actively assist youth to reach his/her goals by listening, teaching & counseling.
- Deal with issues in a calm, patient & understanding manner.
- Participate in treatment team & display an understanding of each youths problems, goals & progress.
- Teach specific skills regarding problem solving, living, special projects & basic life skills.
- Ensure information regarding youth & family is kept confidential.
- Record significant events, behaviors, activities & youths movement in/out of cottage.
- File incident reports, notifying appropriate parties as necessary in a timely manner.
E) House, Food & Safety:
- Assist in conducting monthly fire drills, check fire safety equipment & report any problems for immediate attention/repair.
- Teach youth all emergency procedures & ensure procedures are followed. Ensure cottage is clean, neat & in good repair.
- Exercise proper care of all BGH property & equipment. As needed, coordinate, assist & supervise meal preparation, meals & cleaning.
- Wash linens, towels & youths laundry as required & supervise collection/distribution of youths clothing.
- Transport youth in agency vehicles.
- As needed, serve on various committees as representatives of youth & staff.
- Ensure through teaching, monitoring & modeling that appropriate hygiene expectations are met.
- Ensure medical, dental & mental health appointments & relevant paper work are documented appropriately.
- Follow all medical instructions & document compliance with medical instructions.
- Ensure medications are ordered in a timely manner.
- Follow emergency & routine medical procedures & ensure youth are provided with medical care & prescribed medication.
- Daily documentation (via BGH electronic records system) of resident progress, issues, & any incidents. Daily completion of time sheets.
- Educational BS/BA in Human Services field preferred. High school diploma/GED required.
Other:Personal capability to work in a team model, including the flexibility & willingness to fill in for other team members when needed.Strong work ethic to work as a result-oriented, independent contributor. Knowledge of Microsoft office suite required & be able to effectively utilize agency computer system(s).Must be at least 21 years of age & legally able to work in U.S.Valid drivers license & insurability by BGHs insurance carrier required. Successful background, drug and TB screening