Bill Wilson Center
View this organization's profile and their additional job openings
<< Go back |
Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
||Mar 12, 2020
||Depending on experience.
||US - California - Santa Clara
||- n/a -
The Housing Expeditor is an administrative position responsible for coordination, communication, and collaboration with AirBnB, and internal and external housing opportunities for young adults and families who are homeless or at risk of homelessness. This is an exciting new position that is part of a larger collaboration in San Jose to prevent and end homelessness by providing resources that include housing, education, employment and life skills development to best prepare college-engaged homeless youth towards sustainability and success.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manage the AirBnB for work platform to identify immediate and short term housing options matched to individual or family needs
• Help potential hosts navigate Airbnb site and set up
• Liaison with Airbnb employees to trouble-shoot platform issues
• Develop manual for accessing Airbnb resources and homes for our population
• Work with Airbnb to develop model that could be used to expand to other communities/populations
• Collaborate with BWC staff to manage all housing openings across programs to increase utilization rate by coordinating placements
• Identify alternate housing options throughout San Jose and Santa Clara County for potential placements of young adults and/or families
• Ability to work with agency data base to maintain current and accurate data
• Provide excellent communication and customer service skills
• Provide assistance to clients with completing housing forms, applications and obtaining required verifications to determine eligibility.
• Develop a client housing flow chart using real-time data to move youth seamlessly from one housing option to another
• Process financial assistance for move in costs, deposits and/or delinquent rent. Follow agency policies and procedures regarding financial documentation and reconciling all requests.
• Maintain thorough and accurate progress notes, files, and correspondences in AWARDS and HMIS as required
• Maintain regular contact with clients, monitor progress.
• Participate in agency Program Quality Improvement Activities and initiatives
• Participate in agency Safety initiatives and proactively report safety issues to management immediately
• Regular attendance is a requirement of the position.
• Other duties may be assigned.
BA degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.Demonstrated experience in customer service and working with various data systems. Knowledge of on-line platforms and ability to navigate (AirBnB). Valid CA drivers license with access to a personal vehicle with current Ins. Fingerprinting, TB test & CPR/First Aid required.
For consideration, please submit cover letter and resume to:
FAX: (408) 244-4022
Please indicate which job you are applying for in subject line.
For a full job description please visit - http://www.billwilsoncenter.org/bwc_jobs/