Waymakers is a non-profit agency committed to supporting individuals on their journeys and fostering lasting change and positive impact throughout Orange County. Our vision is a community where individuals reach their highest potential and have support finding their way past conflict and crisis. Waymakers, which now celebrates 45 years of providing services in the area, is comprised of 8 core programs assisting over 120,000 persons a year.
Learn more at www.WaymakersOC.org.
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8am- 5pm, some nights and weekends required.
Victim Advocate responsibilities include:
- Provide assistance to victims of domestic violence, stalking, sexual assault, and elder abuse to mitigate the impact of victimization and/or the case investigation and court appearance
- Provide crisis intervention, short-term counseling, referrals and accompaniment services
- Work in partnership with the District Attorney’s Office and law enforcement
Victim Advocate requirements include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in behavioral science, criminal justice or related field
- Basic knowledge of the criminal justice system, family dynamics, and sociological aspects of family violence and victimology
- Work successfully with collaborative work partners
- Complete 48-hour state certified sexual assault counselor training and certified Domestic Violence Counselor training within first 6 months of employment
- Must pass background investigation
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to the cultural/ethnic diversity of the service population and to be sensitive to the needs of special populations
- Valid California driver’s license, auto liability insurance, and a satisfactory driving record
- Bilingual English/Korean or English/Mandarin preferred
- 12 Paid Holidays
- 15-20 Paid Leave Days (based on hours worked and years of service)
- Choice of pre-tax group health plans with generous employer contribution
- Medical (HMO), Dental (PPO), and Vision (PPO)
- 401K Retirement Savings plan with 3% fully vested employer contribution plus 1% match
- Free $20,000 Basic Term Life/AD&D Insurance
- Free Employee Assistance Program (EAP)