The Director of Programs will be a key leader on the senior executive team and play a major role in supporting Comprehensive Youth Development’s continued efforts to strengthen our implemented programs and create an ambitious growth plan to provide more NYC youth with college and career preparation. The Director of Programs will be responsible for maintaining program quality, effectiveness, and short-term and long-term impact outcomes across our partner sites. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Programs will supervise site directors at our three partner schools and our Career Academy. The Director of Programs will ensure the achievement of programmatic goals and grant objectives; oversee tracking and analysis of program data; drive programmatic strategy and development; and collaborate on business engagement and strategic partnership initiatives.
Working closely with the Executive Director to help lead the organization to meet key strategic plan goals.
Ongoing program development and innovation using a comprehensive approach that integrates the fields of youth development, education, career-readiness and exploration, college guidance, and alumni support
Overseeing and managing our program continuum and the implementation of a sustainable growth plan that upholds program service quality and maintains operational efficiency.
Supervising Site Directors and staff at each site as they deliver the key components of our programming and track data outcome.
Overseeing the preparation, coordination, reporting, and budgeting for each program and program activities, including workshops, career exploration events, employer partner development, monitoring, and program evaluation.
• Master’s degree in education, public administration, social work, business, or related field.
• Strong management skills with at least four years of proven leadership, financial planning, strategy, and performance management.
• Understanding of current and emerging issues of youth career- and college readiness programs and experience in the youth development area.
• Detail-oriented, highly-organized, enthusiastic, hard-working, and a strong role model.
• Excellent interpersonal, listening, and written and verbal communication skills.
• Results-driven with ability to think innovatively and creatively, take initiative, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
• Ability to work effectively as part of an interdisciplinary team.
• Experience developing relationships with people of different backgrounds and abilities.
• Understanding corporate, government, and non-profit business culture.
• Must have outstanding computer proficiency in MS Office, including Outlook, Excel and Powerpoint.