Bill Wilson Center is a nationally and regionally recognized leader for providing services to at-risk youth and families. Our agency -- from our executive team to our line staff -- is committed to improving the lives and conditions of the people we serve. We provide direct services to more than 3,500 children, youth, young adults and families in Santa Clara County. BWC provides services that meet the cultural and linguistic needs of our whole community. We value our unique ethnic diversity as well as the LGBTQ community and non-able body community. Join us and become a difference maker at Bill Wilson Center! Find out more at http://www.billwilsoncenter.org/bwc_jobs/
We have a wonderful opportunity for a Case Manager in the City of San Jose Prevention. Case Managers provide case management and supportive services for the program which provides homeless prevention and intervention services for youth and families at identified schools in San Jose.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Collaborate with school staff to identifying families in need of services.
• Complete intake / assessment to the identify needs and strengths of the referred families for services.
• Assist families and students in developing and implementing an "Individualized Action Plan" to meet short and long-term needs.
• Utilize community resources to meet the needs of students and families in the program, such as legal services, health services, rental negotiations, drug and alcohol services, and mental health services. Ensure that services are received by coordinating with the referral agencies.
• Connect youth to resources to improve academic performance, monitor youth academic progress, and attendance
• Attend support service meetings with the family if needed.
• Coordinate, identify and engage workshop presenters for the parent education workshops held on school campuses
• Coordinate and facilitate training for school staff at the school site and provide consultation for school staff as needed.
• Complete case note documentation, reports on a timely basis.
• Maintain statistical data and complete reports as appropriate to evaluate effectiveness of services delivered
• Attend agency and other program meetings as appropriate.
• Must be able to communicate effectively, get along with coworkers and management and deal effectively and professionally under pressure.
• Transport clients to appointments, meetings, etc. as needed.
• Arrange for afterhours support for families in case of emergencies
• Participate in agency Program Quality Improvement Activities and initiatives
• Participate in agency Safety initiatives and proactively report safety issues to management immediately
• Ensure that site is neat and tidy and report all maintenance or safety issues to manger or Facilities Manager immediately.
• Regular attendance is a requirement of the position.
• Other duties may be assigned.