Janian Medical Care, P.C., an affiliate of Center for Urban Community Services (CUCS) seeks a NYS Licensed Registered Nurse to join our Division of Nursing Services. Janian Medical Care provides primary medical, psychiatric, and nursing care to homeless and formerly homeless New Yorkers at community based programs including supportive and transitional housing, shelters, and homeless outreach teams. We are seeking a dynamic, collaborative Registered Nurse, who is dedicated to working with our complex and marginalized patients in non traditional settings to both provide nursing care and help us shape our evolving services.
Janian is widely recognized as a leader in the delivery and development of on-site healthcare services, offering staff a supportive work environment, expert supervision and support to encourage clinical excellence and continued professional development. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and excellent benefits.
The Registered Nurse will have primary responsibility for improving the overall health of program participants including promotion of physical and mental health integration. The Registered Nurse will work with members of the multi-disciplinary Street Medicine Team and our supportive housing team towards this goal by engaging in the following activities:
· Conducting diagnostic and risk assessments and providing care in multiple settings including in institutional settings, participants’ homes, our medical suites, and on the streets;
· Providing clinical care, including administering medication and performing wound care, at the direction of the Street Medicine and onsite Primary Care Providers;
· Maintaining medication logs and databases;
· Assisting participants with compliance with treatment including with medications;
· Linking participants to primary and specialty care;
· Participating in multidisciplinary team meetings;
· Liaising with pharmacies, hospitals and city agencies as needed.
New York State licensed Registered Nurse
Experience working with people living with mental illness and/or with homeless or justice-involved people preferred
Bilingual preferred but not required