This position’s main focus is on interaction with individuals who are considered homeless and experiencing a mental health crisis. It is primarily responsible for providing education and information to that population on support and services available to them.
• Develop an in-depth understanding of the services and resources offered by Sertoma.
• Visit shelters and other homeless locations.
• Develop knowledge on how to interact with the homeless population in the local area, including where and when to find homeless people, how to approach them, and how to develop a rapport with them.
• Educate homeless population of resources, support, and services available to them. Provide information about services verbally and through literature.
• Use lived experience and/or share recovery story with homeless population to encourage them to engage in services.
• Provide feedback and ideas to Sertoma team members on how to engage the homeless population.