About HELP USA
At HELP USA, we work to ensure that everyone has a place to call home. We’re one of the nation’s largest homeless services providers and low-income housing developers serving at-risk populations including families, individuals, veterans, survivors of domestic violence, people with physical and mental health challenges and disabilities, and seniors. With an annual operating budget approaching $150 million and 1400 employees working in nearly 60 programs, we have helped over 500,000 people facing homelessness and poverty to build better lives. We hope that you will consider joining our team in the fight against homelessness.
As Director of Social Services in our Las Vegas transitional housing shelter for Veterans, you'll work with a team of Case Managers to ensure our Veterans receive quality services and achieve a successful transition to sustainable permanent housing. You'll be responsible for the overall management and direction of a comprehensive social services program which will require skills in time management, multitasking, and conflict resolution. Additionally, you'll work closely with the Veterans Administration to ensure program goals and expectations are achieved.
Specific responsibilities Include:
- Providing and ensuring delivery of quality services to all residents through direct supervision of a team of Case Managers and Employment Specialists.
- Coordinating all case management services, including assessments as well as development and implementation of service plan
- Acting as the point person with subcontractors and/or service providers including medical providers, mental health providers, employment services providers, and others
- Identifying changing program needs and gaps and developing new services, service directions, and/or programs to meet client needs.
- Ensuring all employees in the Social Services department receive all mandated training for HELP USA employees, social service employees, and any courses which are indicated for additional professional growth and development as a department or as individuals.
- Acting as a liaison with other department directors.
- Collecting, analyzing, and reporting on departmental statistics as required by HELP USA, funding bodies, and regulatory agencies.
- Ensuring adherence to all requisite regulations and HELP USA policies and procedures.
- Licensed Master’s Degree in Social Work required.
- Knowledge and understanding of team concepts, preferably in a residential setting
- Computer literate specifically with Microsoft applications required.
EOE. A Drug Free Workplace.