The CUCS Housing Resource Center (HRC) is seeking an HRC Coordinator to join our team. Our Housing Resource Center expands access to housing and support services for people living with mental illnesses and other special needs. HRC also provides interactive, hands-on training and support services for human service professionals on NYC supportive housing options, referral process, and behavioral health resources. HRC is actively involved in developing and improving supportive housing initiatives in New York City and across the nation, and provides information and access to housing to over 15,000 individuals annually.
The HRC Coordinator delivers trainings locally to human service providers; assists in training research and in the curriculum development and revision process, resource development, as well as ongoing evaluation of the quality of the trainings delivered. Additionally, the HRC Coordinator will assist in cultivating training and presentation skills of the HRC team.
The HRC Coordinator also collaborates with social service agencies to provide referral and technical assistance on Single Point of Access (SPOA) Housing and NY/NY I & II housing applications. The HRC Coordinator provides information and guidance to individuals living with mental illness and their advocates on understanding NYC housing options and navigating the HRA 2010e application process. Other responsibilities include maintenance of the HRC housing provider database, and advocacy.
· MSW required; LMSW preferred
· Experience in curriculum development and training delivery strongly preferred
· Significant and considerable knowledge and experience with community mental health services; supportive housing experience strongly preferred
· Strong clinical, organizational, interpersonal, and presentation skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to flexibly manage multiple projects and competing priorities effectively
· Good computer literacy skills; knowledge of AWARDS preferred
· English/Spanish bilingual preferred