The Center for Urban Community Services, a national leader in the development of effective housing and service initiatives for homeless people, invites applications for an ADL Specialist position at the CUCS’ Harlem Transitional Services-Kelly Safe Haven. HTS’ Kelly Safe Haven is a 60- bed residence. It provides chronically street homeless individuals with mental illness and/or substance abuse assistance in obtaining and maintaining permanent housing. The Housing First/Harm Reduction Model is used to engage people who otherwise may not accept services. A multidisciplinary staff works collaboratively with the residents on their recovery, and housing goals. Staff receive extensive training in Evidence Based Practices including Motivational Interviewing, Wellness Self-Management and Behavioral Treatment Interventions for substance abuse.
The ADL Specialist will work on the evening team 4pm-12am and will be responsible for supporting the program residents with the following:
· Complete routine room checks and generate report to all staff
· Monitor bed areas and prompt clients to clean/de-clutter
· Liaise with program staff to assist residents with move-in/move-out
· Supervise and coordinate weekly linen exchange
· Organize, distribute and track donations
· Organize, distribute and track hygiene supplies
· Client support: prompting to bath, provide verbal prompts when needed, visual aids, etc.
· Purchase clothing when donations are not available
· Coordinate/escort residents to free community haircuts
· Conduct client welcome tours
Requirements: For ADL Specialist 1: High School Diploma and 2 years experience. ADL Specialist 2: 2 years as ADL Specialist/CM1 or, Bachelor’s Degree, or BSW, or, HS Diploma and 4 years relevant experience. For ADL Specialist 3: 2 years as ADL SPecialist /CM 2, or, Bachelor’s Degree or BSW, and 1 year relevant experience, or, HS Diploma and 6 years relevant experience. Note: For every 30 college credits earned, 1 year of experience may be reduced from the requirement for applicants with HS diplomas.