Waymakers is a non-profit agency committed to supporting individuals on their journeys and fostering lasting change and positive impact throughout Orange County. Our vision is a community where individuals reach their highest potential and have support finding their way past conflict and crisis. Waymakers, which now celebrates 45 years of providing services in the area, is comprised of 8 core programs assisting over 120,000 persons a year.
Learn more at www.WaymakersOC.org.
Restitution Assistant responsibilities include:
- Work in Superior Court Victim/Witness Center to perform general clerical and support services related to restitution for victims of crime.
- Collect and document payments from defendants, perform data entry, maintain restitution case files, and gather information on cases from police reports and court documents.
Restitution Assistant requirements include:
- Excellent administrative, organizational, and customer service skills.
- Working knowledge of standard office procedures and equipment, and ability to type 35 words per minute.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to the cultural/ethnic diversity of the service population and to be sensitive to the needs of special populations, including both victims and defendants.
- Valid California driver’s license, auto liability insurance, and a satisfactory driving record.
- High School Diploma required.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- 12 Paid Holidays
- 15-20 Paid Leave Days (based on hours worked and years of service)
- Choice of pre-tax group health plans with generous employer contribution
- Medical (HMO), Dental (PPO), and Vision (PPO)
- 401K Retirement Savings plan with 3% fully vested employer contribution plus 1% match
- Free $20,000 Basic Term Life/AD&D Insurance
- Free Employee Assistance Program (EAP)