Bill Wilson Center is a nationally and regionally recognized leader for providing services to at-risk youth and families. Our agency -- from our executive team to our line staff -- is committed to improving the lives and conditions of the people we serve. We provide direct services to more than 3,500 children, youth, young adults and families in Santa Clara County. BWC provides services that meet the cultural and linguistic needs of our whole community. We value our unique ethnic diversity as well as the LGBTQ community and non-able body community. Join us and become a difference maker at Bill Wilson Center! Find out more at http://www.billwilsoncenter.org/bwc_jobs/
We have a wonderful opportunity for a Clinician 2 in our School Linked Services (SLS) Mental Health program. Bilingual: Eng/Spanish Preferred. The Clinician 2 will provide school-based mental health and family advocacy services to youth, family and school staff at two identified high schools and two identified middle schools, with a focus on homeless and unstably housed youth/ families. The Clinician 2 will also partner with the SLS team as needed to support informational workshops for parents, training workshops for school staff, and engagement in school initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Collaborate with school staff in identifying and assisting families referred.
• Intake and assessment services and treatment planning services under the supervision of a licensed therapist.
• Provides therapy, skill development, and case management services to assist youth and families improve life domain functioning.
• Provides skill-based and solution-oriented focused care
• Services are provided in the natural settings such as community, home, and schools to improve accessibility and generalization of skill development
• Maintain appropriate paperwork and standards for mental health services, and case management according to standards and regulations
• Respond to urgent mental health calls for clients/ youth at school settings as indicated.
• Facilitate and/or co-facilitate therapeutic groups for youth
• Participate in Quality Improvement/Quality Assurance activities
• Attend agency and other program meetings as appropriate.
• Must be able to communicate effectively, get along with coworkers and management and deal effectively and professionally under pressure.
• Assist youth with developing educational and vocational plans.
• Participate in agency Program Quality Improvement activities and initiatives
• Participate in agency Safety initiatives and proactively report safety issues to management immediately
• Ensure that site is neat and tidy and report all maintenance or safety issues to manger or Facilities Manager immediately.
• Regular attendance is a requirement of the position.
• Other duties as assigned.