Location: West Hartford, CT
Jewish Family Services of Greater Hartford (JFS) (https://jfshartford.org/) was founded over 100 years ago, in 1912, when thirty charitable organizations came together as United Jewish Charities with the mission of providing financial assistance to those in need. In 1968, the agency became Jewish Family Service and subsequently Jewish Family Services of Greater Hartford.
Having been with the organization for more than thirty years and as its CEO since 2002, JFS's deeply committed and highly respected CEO will step down from her position effectively June 30, 2020. A nine-member search committee, comprised of current and former board members, has been appointed to lead the search.
Strategic Opportunities and Challenges
The CEO will have the opportunity to lead a comprehensive and innovative social service agency that has been serving the Jewish community and Greater Hartford for more than 100 years. High priorities for the CEO include:
* Managing effectively, efficiently and compassionately, the daily operations of a mission-driven, nonprofit that employs more than 100 dedicated staff members and care givers and which has an annual budget in excess of $4.3 million.
* Navigating the agency's first leadership change in more than twenty years. Also transitioning, sustaining and growing key relationships with partners, funders, supporters and board members (all predominately held by the retiring CEO) to the new leader to ensure all constituents remain engaged and active in this next stage of development for JFS and supportive of the organization programmatically and financially.
* Partnering with the Director of JFS Care at Home to implement an expanded business plan designed to grow earned income and to offer more collaborative opportunities between JFS and Care at Home.
* Sustaining the warm, caring, kind, collaborative and inclusive culture that exists at JFS while also integrating the CEO's personal leadership style and practices.
* Ensuring that the new electronic records system and intake practices are designed and implemented to provide exceptional customer service and the support clinicians need to deliver the highest quality care.
* Raising the levels of accountability throughout the organization and addressing and resolving performance issues respectfully, supportively and in a timely manner.
Desired Credentials/Profile of the Ideal Candidate
* Track record of leadership at a social service agency or similar organization
* A minimum of five years of senior leadership, or equivalent experience
* Experience working with diverse communities and people reflective of those served by JFS
* Knowledge of and/or experience with the Jewish Community and/or Clinical Practices are a plus
* Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/8nwqxcqqk6fvnjdj