Position: Case Manager (Bilingual Spanish/English) on a multi-disciplinary team for a Scattered Site Apartment Program serving mentally ill adults.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree required, and preferred in Human Services or in related field. Experience in residential service preferred, Excellent interpersonal and Communication skills necessary. Knowledge of Psych. Rehab preferred. A valid driver’s license is preferred.
Responsibilities: As a member of a program that supports the development and maintenance of independent living skills for persons with mental illness, provides Psych Rehab and other support services to the residents in the apartment program.
Complete timely documentation of all client services is to be maintained in the case record. The case record is the representation of all of the work done on behalf of the Agency's clients. It is also a legal document; therefore, the case record should reflect the highest standards of service and presentation.
1. Write Admission Note with resident on the day a resident moves into the program.
2. Document the rehab services provided in the apartment visits in progress notes, service plans, and quarterly reviews in a timely manner, according to Tickler System.
3. Document Medicaid Billable Notes and submit for review in a timely manner.
4. Submit Medicaid co-payment forms to residents by the first of each month.
5. Document all activities relating to benefits/entitlements, medical and treatment appointments, collateral contacts, etc.
6. Prepare Housing psychosocial as required.
7. Submit Travel Expense form weekly.
1. Participate in Utilization Reviews, Incident Reviews.
3. Ensure that Annual Physician Authorizations are completed by the due date.
1. Attend all staff meetings, clinical conferences, training seminars and other meetings assigned.
2. Participate in Intake Committee on rotating basis. Design activities that support the development of independent living skills.
3. Co-facilitate community and activity planning meetings with the goal of empowering residents to assume leadership.
Working closely with Residential Counselors, Case Managers will ensure an integrated approach to the provision of Psych Rehab Services and program activities.
1. Make regularly scheduled visits to assigned caseload in their apartments, focusing on identifying and agreeing upon service needs and goals within the framework of Psych Rehab.
2. Work with apartment roommates to promote smooth functioning of apartment by: teaching and encouraging positive social and citizenship behaviors, conflict resolution, and joint planning of apartment-centered activities.
3. Provide first-line availability for crisis intervention, which may extend to calling 911 and/or accompanying a resident to the hospital.
4. Provide advocacy and linkage for residents in regard to entitlements, day treatment, medical providers, etc.
5. Take the lead in new resident move-ins.
6. Ensure on-going receipt of benefits/entitlement for caseload.