Bill Wilson Center is a nationally and regionally recognized leader for providing services to at-risk youth and families. Our agency -- from our executive team to our line staff -- is committed to improving the lives and conditions of the people we serve. We provide direct services to more than 3,500 children, youth, young adults and families in Santa Clara County. BWC provides services that meet the cultural and linguistic needs of our whole community. We value our unique ethnic diversity as well as the LGBTQ community and non-able body community. Join us and become a difference maker at Bill Wilson Center! Find out more at http://www.billwilsoncenter.org/bwc_jobs/
We have a wonderful opportunity for a Program Assistant at Youth & Family Mental Health Program. The Program Assistant provides administrative, billing and quality control assistance and services to managers and staff in the program and also completes paperwork to open client cases in MediCal Unicare system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
GENERAL CLERICAL DUTIES:
• Provide administrative support to program and staff
• Greet clients and check their appointment times and notify appropriate staff. Make future appointments, reminder calls to clients and answer inquiries as required.
• Assemble, file and pull client charts as required/requested.
• Support Psychiatrist with pulling charts, completion of SRD’s, rescheduling appointments per doctor’s request and calling client’s to remind them of appointments
• Performs variety of other clerical duties as assigned to support the program.
• Assist with Spanish translation and client services as needed.
• Assists in the completion of MediCal paperwork ensuring that it is filled out correctly.
• Ensures all MediCal paperwork e.g. SRD’s, opening, closing, changes are completed and correct
• Submits all MediCal paperwork to Symed in a timely manner
• Checks client’s MediCal status on a monthly basis to insure they are eligible MediCal
• Unicare System data entry
• Process and submit billings for reimbursement. Billing must be on time, signed by appropriate staff and sent to County in a timely manner.
• Keep records of all staff’s PARCA’s, licenses, O.I.G. paperwork and Symed’s paperwork.
• Prepare billing reports as required/requested
• Maintain monthly productivity report on all staff.
• Assist in ongoing chart audits
• Assist with annual independent audits and other audits by funders/agency
• Maintain procedure and operations manuals
• Monitor quality control standards to ensure proper billing, coding and compliance for Medi-Cal
• Report quality assurance issues or concerns to Program Director and Manager
• Maintain compliance of electronic and paper medical records for the program (including Medi-Cal and HIPAA requirements). Verify patient records for accuracy, completeness, assembly and appropriate signatures.
• Responsible for training new Mental Health clerical/administrative staff.
• Participate in Quality Assurance and Safety initiatives and activities.
• Regular attendance is a requirement of the position.
• Other duties as assigned.