Intake Clinician Bilingual (English/Spanish) – Mental Health Services|
Bill Wilson Center
View this organization's profile and their additional job openings
<< Go back |
Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
||Jan 24, 2020
||- n/a -
||Depending on experience.
||US - California - Santa Clara
||- n/a -
Under the direction of the Director, the Intake Clinician is responsible for intake, coordination and scheduling timely access to Mental Health services for clients of all behavioral health programs. In addition to the core function of intake and referral, they will provide information visits and perform registration of new patients into electronic health record (AWARDS). The Intake Clinician holds the expertise in MediCal, Private Insurance and underfunded reimbursement and is expected to have an understanding of regulations regarding SCC Behavioral Health policies and procedures as well as BWC Mental Health policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work with Intake/Referrals in a welcoming and engaging way with the clients. Travel to meet clients in the community, as necessary, to open cases.
• Receive referrals/requests for information from referral sources and community members.
• Screen MediCal eligibility and complete mental health status assessment; verifies benefit status and follow up on insurance authorization as needed.
• Schedule and attend first intake session with client and produces/documents initial diagnosis and treatment plan for client signature at intake along with other intake documentation (may have to drive to community to meet client)
• Provide Assessment, Plan Development and case management services with client/family.
• Assess functions that inform Initial Mental Health Assessment; Plan Development services; complete an initial Treatment Plan and ongoing clinical services to meet client’s needs, (typically within first 2 weeks of admission).
• Complete Admission Outcome processes such as CANS, YOQ, etc.
• Lead in ‘warm handoff’ transition of services to assigned clinician once access and assessment phase of clinical care completed.
• Provides accurate information regarding mental health services and MediCal coverage in a professional and sensitive manner.
• Track that all required forms are signed and submitted; enter admission data, scan admission forms and ensure forms are complete.
• Support department efforts in achieving agency goals on performance measures aimed at access and engagement outcomes.
• Enter new clients into AWARDS and other systems as required
• Participate in the development of and maintains systems for improving department operations and analysis.
• Participate in the development of system changes and enhancements
• Participate in special projects and provides administrative support as needed.
• Provides information and facilitation to assist clients and families with English as a second language in making informed choices about their care
• Attends required agency and program meetings
• Participate in agency Program Quality Improvement initiatives and/or meetings
• Participate in agency Safety initiatives and proactively report safety issues to management immediately
• Ensures safe work environment and reports any unsafe issues to Facilities Manager
• Regular attendance
• Other duties as assigned
MA in Counseling, MFT, Social Work or related field from four-year college or university; Candidates must be on licensure track with BBS as PCC intern, MFT trainee, MFT intern, Associate Social Worker and meets eligibility to be waivered within MediCal regulations. OR a licensed LPCC, LPCC+, LMFT, LCSW in good standing.. Excellent organizational and prioritization skills. Experience working with a culturally diverse population required. Experience with electronic health records highly desire
For consideration, please submit cover letter and resume to:
FAX: (408) 244-4022
Please indicate which job you are applying for in subject line.
For a full job description please visit - http://www.billwilsoncenter.org/bwc_jobs/