JOB SUMMARY: Hathaway-Sycamores Child & Family Services provides a spectrum of mental health services through various programs for populations of all acuities. Although it serves a variety of consumers, the agency focuses primarily on providing care to low-income, high at- risk youth.
The role of the Substance Abuse Counselor is to provide interventions that develop coping and problem-solving skills, teach social skills and teach transference of those skills into the home, school and community. A Substance Abuse Counselor is part of a multi-disciplinary team that implements integrated substance abuse services, provides individual and group counseling, and monitors the needs of clients with substance use disorders.
• 2 years’ experience as a drug and alcohol counselor working with adolescent population and Registration with one of State of California's approved Alcohol & Drug agencies.
• Certification with one of State of California's approved Alcohol & Drug agencies preferred.
• Maintains all required licenses and certifications.
• Valid California Driver License and a driving record acceptable to the Agency’s insurance carrier.
• BILINGUAL SPANISH FLUENCY REQUIRED.
All candidates who are presented with a conditional offer of employment must satisfy a pre-employment background check, drug and health screen.
Hathaway-Sycamores is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Further, Hathaway-Sycamores is a Fair Chance employer and complies with California Government Code Section 12952, Employment Discrimination: Conviction History.