RELIEF Call Specialist|
Bill Wilson Center
View this organization's profile and their additional job openings
<< Go back |
Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
||Jan 17, 2020
||Depending on experience.
||US - California - Santa Clara
||- n/a -
Bill Wilson Center is a nationally and regionally recognized leader for providing services to at-risk youth and families. Our agency -- from our executive team to our line staff -- is committed to improving the lives and conditions of the people we serve. We provide direct services to more than 3,500 children, youth, young adults and families in Santa Clara County. BWC provides services that meet the cultural and linguistic needs of our whole community. We value our unique ethnic diversity as well as the LGBTQ community and non-able body community. Join us and become a difference maker at Bill Wilson Center! Find out more at http://www.billwilsoncenter.org/bwc_jobs/
The RELIEF Call Specialist will support the Contact Cares/Centralized Intake program by filling in shifts that need to be covered. The RELIEF Call Specialist will perform basic administrative duties, take calls when no volunteer is available and provide Centralized Intake services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist Program Manager with tasks as instructed
• Fills in for Call Specialist or Volunteers when they are not available.
• Responds to crisis situations as needed with clients calling any of the lines
• Provides Centralized Intake services to clients calling for services
• Provides feedback to Program Manager on volunteer performance
• Data collection and data entry
• Answers crisis hotline calls and assist clients directly with crisis intervention
• Assists with outreach and community presentations
• Assist with Contact Cares trainings for volunteers
• Office maintenance: photocopies, files, stocking supplies
• Attends monthly meetings as required
• Compiles and updates caller information for database
• Ensure that BWC property and sites are neat and tidy and report all maintenance or safety issues to manager or Facilities Manager immediately
• Regular attendance is a requirement of the position
• Flexible schedule required at times for work on evenings and/or weekends
• Participate in agency Program Quality Improvement Activities and initiatives
• Participate in agency Safety initiatives and proactively report safety issues to management immediately.
• Other duties as assigned
AA preferred; or high school diploma plus one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience working with a culturally diverse population required. Valid Ca driver’s license with access to a personal vehicle with current insurance that can be used for company business. Fingerprinting/background check as required by the Department of Justice and/or Title XXII regulations.
For consideration, please submit cover letter and resume to:
FAX: (408) 244-4022
Please indicate which job you are applying for in subject line.
For a full job description please visit - http://www.billwilsoncenter.org/bwc_jobs/