The Clinical Supervisor oversees the day to day functions of the staff assigned to his/her team and assures staff provide quality care, maintain program/contract compliance, adhere to legal and ethical requirements, and meet performance expectations including productivity and timely documentation. Staff may include therapists, Bachelor-level case managers and specialists, and student interns.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Supports and promotes the mission of the Agency: Foothill Family empowers children and families to achieve success in relationships, school, and work through community-based services that advance growth and development.
• Provides weekly individual and group supervision to staff in accordance to Agency standards, and if applicable, in accordance with acceptable professional practices as outlined by the Board of Behavioral Sciences and within scope of practice restrictions.
• Ensures services delivered are of high quality, culturally responsive, and outcomes driven.
• Supervises the provision of services and provides training in clinical treatment modalities such as: child abuse treatment, sexual abuse treatment, individual treatment, family therapy, play therapy, crisis intervention, group therapy, school-based counseling, in-home treatment and Evidence Based Practices (EBP’s).
• Ensures client documentation is accurate and submitted within the established timeframe.
• Monitors the flow of cases on employee caseloads to ensure that a balanced approach to intakes and discharges occur.
• Administers quality assurance procedures including record reviews.
• Provides employees with timely, accurate feedback on performance encouraging growth and addressing poor performance.
• Maintains current professional license.
• Assists intake, reception, clinical staff and accounting in the collection of complete and accurate information necessary for treatment and billing.
• Carries a clinical caseload as determined by program needs.
• Provides telephone backup for emergencies both during office hours and outside of office hours when supervisee is unavailable.
• Represents the Agency at community meetings, provides in-service training to other agencies and Foothill employees, and consults with other agencies and schools.
• Represents the Agency at marketing events and interfaces with liaisons for trainees and interns from graduate schools.
• Supports, reinforces and implements Agency policies.
• Ensures staff follows all policies, procedures and legal mandates including HIPAA, client confidentiality, releases of information, protected health information (PHI) and client files, and takes applies appropriate coaching, counseling and disciplinary action to reinforce staff compliance.
• Works effectively and cooperatively with all staff, collaborating when appropriate.
• Works in close harmony with the Clinical Managers, Directors and the Chief Clinical Officer accepting direction and implementing policies and procedures