Bill Wilson Center is a nationally and regionally recognized leader for providing services to at-risk youth and families. Our agency -- from our executive team to our line staff -- is committed to improving the lives and conditions of the people we serve. We provide direct services to more than 3,500 children, youth, young adults and families in Santa Clara County. BWC provides services that meet the cultural and linguistic needs of our whole community. We value our unique ethnic diversity as well as the LGBTQ community and non-able body community. Join us and become a difference maker at Bill Wilson Center! Find out more at http://www.billwilsoncenter.org/bwc_jobs/
We have a wonderful opportunity for a Housing Specialist in College Rapid Rehousing program. The Housing Specialist will be responsible for locating housing for local college students and is required to work quickly and independently in the fast paced housing market in Santa Clara County in order to secure housing for college students. In addition to locating housing, will also conduct housing inspections, negotiate, and build relationships with landlords, collaborate with community partners, as well as be personable and informative about the BWC programs when engaging with the public.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Identify appropriate rental housing in the community for college students that is aligned with their needs and goals.
• Develop and maintain inventory of appropriate available units for college students
• Engage Landlords to build and sustain relationships with Bill Wilson Center and our clients.
• Network with landlords, renter’s associations, property management businesses, and county wide permanent housing providers.
• Educate community members about the housing needs of clients and the importance of supportive housing.
• Provide direct assistance to clients with housing search.
• Guide and educate clients on how to search for, secure and maintain permanent affordable housing, including tenant/landlord rights and responsibilities.
• Provide assistance to clients with completing housing forms, applications and obtaining required verifications to determine eligibility.
• Inspect units to ensure they meet housing quality standards
• Prepare and process all required documents for financial assistance.
• Process financial assistance for move in costs, deposits and/or delinquent rent. Follow agency policies and procedures regarding financial documentation and reconciling all requests.
• Ensure that client and program records are maintained and up to date, ensure data entry is timely in AWARDS and HMIS as required and provide reports as required.
• Maintain regular contact with clients, monitor progress.
• Coordinate with Case Managers to ensure clients needs are being met.
• Must be able to communicate effectively, get along with coworkers and management and deal effectively and professionally under pressure.
• Transport clients to appointments, meetings, etc. as needed.
• Participate in agency Program Quality Improvement and Safety activities and initiatives
• Regular attendance is a requirement of the position.
• Other duties may be assigned.