Case Manager – Rapid Rehousing @ San Jose State University (SJSU)|
Bill Wilson Center
View this organization's profile and their additional job openings
<< Go back |
Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
||Jan 15, 2020
||Depending on experience.
||US - California - Milpitas
||- n/a -
Bill Wilson Center is a nationally and regionally recognized leader for providing services to at-risk youth and families. Our agency -- from our executive team to our line staff -- is committed to improving the lives and conditions of the people we serve. We provide direct services to more than 3,500 children, youth, young adults and families in Santa Clara County. BWC provides services that meet the cultural and linguistic needs of our whole community. We value our unique ethnic diversity as well as the LGBTQ community and non-able body community. Join us and become a difference maker at Bill Wilson Center! Find out more at http://www.billwilsoncenter.org/bwc_jobs/
We have a wonderful opportunity for a Case Manager in Rapid Rehousing @ San Jose State University (SJSU) Program. The Case Manager will provide case management and supportive services for the San Jose State University Rapid Rehousing program which secures stable housing for SJSU students.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Intake and assessment services to the identify needs and strengths of the referred individual for services.
• Provide case management and other supportive services for clients in program.
• Collaborate with SJSU staff to identify students in need of services
• Coordinate with existing online housing platform to develop process and procedures for housing students through their platform
• Coordinate weekly calls with Rapid Results Institute around the 100 Day Challenge
• Work with Policy and Advocacy Specialist and community partners around 100 Day Challenge implementation
• Assist students in developing and implementing an "Individualized Action Plan" to meet short and long-term needs.
• Complete case note documentation on a timely basis. Maintain statistical data and complete reports as appropriate to evaluate effectiveness of services delivered.
• Ensure that client and program records are maintained and up to date, ensure data entry is timely in AWARDS and HMIS as required and provide reports as required.
• Work closely with Housing Specialist and assist with developing relationships with landlords and provide mediation between landlords and students as needed.
• Assist participants to: become employment ready, finding and maintaining gainful employment or advance current employment opportunities to ensure success in permanent housing.
• Assist young adults in building and improving life skills.
• Work with outside agencies to ensure quality of care for young adults. Utilize community resources to meet needs of young adults in the program.
• Provide referral assistance to legal services, health services, drug and alcohol services and mental health services. Follow agency protocols and procedures regarding accounting and financial requests ensuring all expenses are approved and have back up documentation
• Maintain statistical data and complete reports as appropriate to evaluate effectiveness of services delivered
• Attend agency and other program meetings; including community meetings and trainings as appropriate.
• Must be able to communicate effectively, get along with coworkers and management and deal effectively and professionally under pressure.
• Transport clients to appointments, meetings, etc. as needed.
• Participate in agency Program Quality Improvement and Safety activities and initiatives
• Regular attendance is a requirement of the position.
• Other duties may be assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Counseling, Social Work or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience. Housing needs and assistance experience required. Experience working with culturally diverse youth required. Bilingual communication skills highly desired and preferred (Eng/Spanish).Valid CA drivers license with access to a personal vehicle with current Ins. Fingerprinting, TB test & CPR/First Aid required.
For consideration, please submit cover letter and resume to:
FAX: (408) 244-4022
Please indicate which job you are applying for in subject line.
For a full job description please visit - http://www.billwilsoncenter.org/bwc_jobs/