Director of Alumni Relations & Career Services
Graduate School of Social Service, Lincoln Center
Founded in 1841, Fordham is the Jesuit University of New York, offering an exceptional education distinguished by the Jesuit tradition to more than 16,000 students in its 9 colleges and schools. It has residential campuses in the Bronx and Manhattan, a campus in West Harrison, N.Y., the Louis Calder Center Biological Field Station in Armonk, N.Y., and the London Centre in the United Kingdom.
• Provide leadership in development of short and long-term strategies for increasing engagement of GSS alumni.
• Cultivate strong alumni relations using a range of methods (social media, personal interaction etc.).
• Serve as liaison between GSS and University Office of Development, specifically Alumni Relations, Marketing and Gift Officer assigned to GSS.
• Coordinate GSS administrators and University Alumni Relation to plan the annual GSS alumni event calendar.
• Provide leadership in the planning, coordination and implementation of all GSS alumni events.
• Oversee administrative requirements to ensure GSS compliance as a provider of Continuing Education credits.
• Oversee administration and logistics of offering continuing education credits at all alumni events whenever possible. Ensure the effective monitoring and distribution of CE credits to eligible participants.
• Respond to alumni inquiries regarding alumni events and services.
• Respond to University departments and individuals as well as external inquiries regarding GSS alumni affairs.
• Coordinate volunteer opportunities for GSS alumni, including serving as a keynote speaker, participating in alumni events, assisting with new student recruitment, and career development.
• Oversee the collection, compilation and analysis ofGSS alumni data. Works closely in collaboration with GSS Director of Assessment, GSS Associate Director of Academic Records and University Office of Alumni Relations.
• Oversee the creation of career development resources/events for current GSS and GSS alumni.
• Maintain career development systems and job posting services such as Simplicity.
• Organize and implement annual job fair.
• MSW required
• Minimum 3 years of and/or admissions experience within accredited graduate school of social work
• Ethical, sound judgment, detail-oriented, with strong organizational and time management skills
• Clear professional written and oral communication skills
• Exceptional interpersonal and relational skills
• Function independently as well as part of a team and able to adapt to changes in priorities.
• Able to work some evenings and weekends
• Technical proficiency in specialized applications such as Degree Works and Banner, & Slate
• Successful candidates should have a knowledge of and commitment to the goals of Jesuit Education.
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
FLSA CATEGORY: Exempt
START DATE: May 4, 2019
SEND LETTER, RESUME TO:
Fordham University is committed to excellence through diversity and welcomes candidates of all backgrounds.
Fordham is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories