Assistant Director of Admissions/Recruitment
Graduate School of Social Service,
Office of Admission, Lincoln Center
Founded in 1841, Fordham is the Jesuit University of New York, offering an exceptional education distinguished by the Jesuit tradition to more than 16,000 students in its 9 colleges and schools. It has residential campuses in the Bronx and Manhattan, a campus in West Harrison, N.Y., the Louis Calder Center Biological Field Station in Armonk, N.Y., and the London Centre in the United Kingdom.
• Lead in the planning and coordination of all campus visit programs, including information sessions, campus tours, Open Houses and additional special events
• Assist in developing, implementing and executing plans and initiatives to recruit a diverse student population
• Lead prospective students through the admissions and financial aid process, cultivating and converting them from inquiry through to enrollment and matriculation
• Evaluate applications for admission and serve as a member of the Admissions Committee
• Manage and coordinate pipeline events and activities that builds brand awareness with undergraduate BASW students at Fordham University, Mt. Saint Mary College and Molloy College
• Oversee the application and registration process for non-degree students
• Some travel required
• Other duties as assigned
• BSW, BA with social work major, or MSW degree and/or experience in the social service field
• Knowledge of graduate school admissions
• 3 years of experience working within higher education admissions or higher ed preferred
• Integrity, sound judgment, and ethical decision-making
• Detail-oriented, with strong organizational and time management skills
• Clear professional written and oral communication skills
• Exceptional interpersonal and relational skills
• Function independently as well as part of a team operating a complex environment.
• Able to adapt to changes in priorities, unexpected events or unanticipated demands
• Comfort with public speaking
• Able to work some nights and weekends
• Technical proficiency in current software applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Google spreadsheet
• Successful candidates should have a knowledge of and commitment to the goals of Jesuit Education.
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
FLSA CATEGORY: Exempt
START DATE: ASAP
SEND LETTER, RESUME TO:
Fordham University is committed to excellence through diversity and welcomes candidates of all backgrounds.
Fordham is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories