The New York Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children (NYSPCC) is currently accepting applications for a Full–time Executive Assistant to the Executive Director of The NYSPCC.
The NYSPCC is searching for an experienced and reliable Executive Assistant who will be responsible for handling all administrative and secretarial responsibilities as assigned by the Executive Director/Assistant Executive Director to ensure smooth and effective operation of The NYSPCC. This position is also responsible for handling all confidential personnel matters, as well as ensuring the smooth functioning of all Board-related activities.
- Managing all administrative/secretarial support to the Executive Director, Assistant Executive Director/Director of Government Relations and Administration and Board of Directors.
- Scheduling, preparing presentation materials and taking minutes for all Board meetings.
- Organizing the annual staff retreat, holiday events and monthly staff meetings.
- Handling the day-to-day operations of Human Resources including employee relations, benefits, compensation, job advertising, arranging interviews, scheduling and hosting employee orientation, tracking attendance for all staff, updating and maintaining the personnel filing system, compiling grievance and disciplinary actions, maintaining confidentiality and handling procedures for exiting employees.
- Providing coverage for the Accounting Coordinator in her absence, including payroll, check and petty cash requests.
- Assisting with special projects for staff development and the preparation of the Executive Director’s donor/acknowledgement letters.
- Manage the Executive Director’s travel arrangements and conference preparation.
- Maintaining and entering data necessary for billing for NYSPCC services.
- Associates degree required, Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a related field preferred.
- A minimum of eight to ten years work experience in business or administrative office setting
- Experience working with a Board of Directors, handling meetings, minutes, preparation of materials required
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office Suite (with the ability to easily become familiar with organization specific programs and software).
- Superior communication /writing skills essential.
- Ability to multi-task/task oriented.
- Self-motivated, professional, and capable of managing heavy work load.
- Ability to work a weekday schedule (Monday – Friday, 900 am – 5:00 pm, with very occasional late nights) and some light travel to other locations is required.