The HUB Bilingual Clinical Therapist/Crisis Specialist is responsible for crisis intervention and mental health screening operations to assess mental health needs, ensure the psychological well-being of patients, and provide appropriate recommendations at the LAC+USC Medical Center HUB Clinic.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ability to work collaboratively with members of inter-disciplinary teams; and ability to provide ongoing clinical consultation to DCFS and medical staff.
• Demonstrated awareness of, sensitivity to and competence in dealing with cultural and socioeconomic diversity of client population.
• Conduct mental health Same Day Assessments (SDAs)/crisis intervention, and formulating recommendations.
• Educate patient and family regarding the diagnosis, mental health needs, and provide appropriate mental health referrals/linkage in collaboration with case manager.
• Develop relationships and ongoing communication with DCFS workers and other staff.
• Participate in training on intervention techniques.
• Complete all required documentation in accordance with regulations (e.g. DMH); and
• Maintain all appropriate records including crisis intervention files and/or incident reports, clinical notes and other records as required.
• Follow agency policies and procedures and participate in VIP in-service training programs.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Ph.D/Psy.D/MSW/MFT degree from an accredited university.
• Current registration with the California Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS) (AMFT, LMFT, ACSW, LCSW); unlicensed Ph.D./PsyD. is eligible for DMH waiver; must maintain CA BBS registration as a condition of employment.
• Minimum two years documented experience in a mental health setting.
• Self-starter, independent therapist with the ability to adapt to change in a fast working environment.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• The ability to relate effectively and professionally with children, supervisor, co-workers, and staff.
• Must meet eligibility requirements to bill for DMH services.
• Knowledge of Medi-Cal documentation requirements.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent data management skills.
• Familiarity with CQI.
• Ability to manage multiple competing priorities successfully.
• Flexible, detail-oriented, and organized individual.
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/dzpkdj4k5q4sjwb6