Catholic Charities Brooklyn & Queens is a multi-site non-profit social service agency serving the boroughs of Brooklyn & Queens and has full-time Supervisor II vacancy for our Homebase program in Queens.
STATEMENT OF THE JOB
Under the supervision of the Assistant Director, the Supervisor II will assist Administration in coordinating services to participants including case management and group work; supervision of staff, interns and volunteers; monitoring all administrative and data collection activities of staff; comply with contractual obligations and funding source requirements including statistical reports and data collection; collaborate with internal and external networks in community building relationships and activities in support of the program and agency mission.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Supervise volunteers, bachelor and master level interns.
• Develop, plan and implement workshops and groups for participant skill enhancement.
• Provide individual and team supervision.
• Onboard staff including new staff program orientation and training.
• Monitor staff performance; conduct performance appraisals.
• Perform tasks related to agency and contractual compliance and accountability.
• Ensure funding source quality assurance reports are complete; assist in preparing reports for the funding source
• Assure household financial assistance funds are utilized according to standards.
• Perform tasks related to crisis intervention; review, prepare and investigate participant incidents and complete related reports.
• Recruit staff by screening resumes, conduct screenings and interviews of candidates.
• Participate in program, agency and/or community activities as assigned.
• Ensure staff complete all documentation within mandated time frames.
• Provide, arrange and conduct staff training in all areas including policies and procedures; and contribute to staff professional development.
• Accompany staff on field and home visits as necessary.
• Develop internal and external community relationships and linkages.
• Serve as backup for administration.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR EDUCATION/LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS
• MSW preferred or Master’s Degree in related field required
SPECIFICATIONS FOR EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
• Two years’ experience in providing direct services to homeless individuals/families, or at-risk populations who are defined as vulnerable adults, families and youth, including but not limited to, those with a history of or involvement with child welfare, addiction, physical or emotional issues, unemployed/under-employed
• One year experience in supervisory or managerial experience for a social service program preferred.
• Ability to be flexible, use discretion and provide leadership.
• Must possess the ability to work well independently as well as part of a team.
• Experience in housing and public benefits preferred.
• Excellent oral & written communication skills.
• Ability to use Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
• Ability to engage in public speaking. Excellent oral & written communication skills.
• Ability to speak Spanish a plus.