Catholic Charities Brooklyn & Queens is a multi-site non-profit social service agency serving the boroughs of Brooklyn & Queens and has full-time Intake Coordinator vacancy for our Homebase program in Queens.
STATEMENT OF THE JOB
Under the direction of the Supervisor, the Intake Coordinator helps the program meet its enrollment target and assists in pre-screening, intakes, reviewing case files and assigning cases.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Review case files and client database for proper documentation at initial intake and at intervals as required by funding stream.
• Conduct pre-screens and intakes and create client service plans.
• Assign cases.
• Provide interventions in the area of diversion, aftercare and prevention.
• Reviews requests for financial assistance.
• Comply with agency requirements such as CQI, COA and other agency events.
• Assess the needs of the whole consumer/family including their basic needs such as food, clothing and shelter.
• Ensure that referrals are made to appropriate internal and external services as required to meet the consumer’s/family’s needs.
• Follow-up on referrals you make on behalf of a consumer/family and respond to all referrals made to you/your program.
• Attend weekly supervision.
• Participate in cross-program service reviews that support the planning and coordination of service delivery and service closure.
• Provide support to the Quality Assurance Specialist.
• Assist supervisory staff to monitor intakes and ensure pending cases are completed within required time frames.
• Participate in team program planning, staff meetings, and case reviews.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR EDUCATION/LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS
• MS/MA degree or BS/BA with equivalent experience (2 years).
SPECIFICATIONS FOR EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
• Experience in social service setting and providing direct services to homeless individuals/families, or at-risk populations who are defined as vulnerable adults, families and youth, including but not limited to, those with a history of or involvement with child welfare, addiction, physical or emotional issues, unemployed/under-employed desired.
• Ability to be flexible and use discretion.
• Ability to function as part of a team.
• Excellent oral & written communication skills and ability to engage in active listening.
• Ability to use Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
• Ability to synthesize information and transfer it to practice.
• Excellent organization skills.
• Ability to exercise initiative and “follow through.”
• Bilingual in Spanish a plus.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
• Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends, evenings according to the needs of program operation.
• Able to conduct home/field visits and travel throughout the five boroughs as needed.
• Ability to read computer screen for long periods of time.
• Ability to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, & office equipment.
• Ability to utilize public transportation, climb stairs, walk.
• Frequent sitting, standing, & walking.
• Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
• Ability to read printed & handwritten materials.