Catholic Charities Brooklyn & Queens is a multi-site non-profit social service agency serving the boroughs of Brooklyn & Queens and has full-time Case Manager II vacancies for our Homebase program in Queens.
STATEMENT OF THE JOB
Under the direction of the Supervisor, the Case Manager II renders professional intervention to clients at risk of homelessness and homeless clients through comprehensive support services (assessment, intake, crisis intervention, information and referral, short and long-term comprehensive case management and financial assistance).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide case management services, assessment and intake of participants to determine eligibility for services, including responding to telephone and walk-in inquires, conduct pre-screenings and provide brief and full services.
• Carry a caseload required to meet funding source targets.
• Work out of multiple sites as assigned; make home and field visit meetings regularly and consistently with clients as per contract.
• Diligent effort to target, engage, and outreach routinely to publicize the availability of the program to make persons at risk aware of Homebase and other available services and programs.
• Advocacy, linkage, and escort services for participants to prevent homelessness.
• Provide and/or assure that each case assigned receives regular visits and contact as needed.
• Establish and maintain case records including completing progress notes. Ensure all relevant case related information is inputted into case files and corresponding databases.
• Timely, accurate submission of financial assistance requests with the approval of supervisory staff.
• Develop and maintain resource information.
• Advocate on behalf of program participants to ensure they receive work support services such as tax credits, rental assistance, food stamps, Medicaid, subsidized childcare.
• Provide guidance to clients in dealing with housing-related issues including developing a list of reliable landlords/brokers for the purpose of finding affordable housing; outreach to property owners/landlord to mediate issues that help participants locate or retain housing; inspect housing dwellings to ascertain that they do not pose a threat to the health and safety of its occupants; accompany clients to apartment viewings.
• Coordinate Service delivery to clients.
• Assess the needs of the whole consumer/family including their basic needs such as food, clothing and shelter.
• Ensure that referrals are made to appropriate internal and external services as required to meet the consumer’s/family’s needs.
• Follow-up on referrals you make on behalf of a consumer/family and respond to all referrals made to you/your program.
• Attend weekly supervision.
• Participate in cross-program service reviews that support the planning and coordination of service delivery and service closure.
• Assist participants with understanding leases, securing utilities, and making moving arrangements.
• Participate in professional/agency community activities as assigned.
• Participate in training opportunities as assigned.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
• One Year experience in a social service setting or in providing direct services to individuals or families.
• Ability to read printed & handwritten materials.
• Bilingual skills (Spanish) a plus.
• Good organizational skills.
• Basic Computer skills required.