Reports to: Program Director
Function: Provides case coordination and delivers community rehabilitation services.
• Conducts home visits on a regular basis for assigned caseload.
• Obtains psycho-social histories, conducts functional skills and substance use assessments.
• Establishes and maintains liaison with primary provider of psychiatric care and substance use treatment providers.
• Assures access to psychiatric, substance abuse and medical services, and entitlement benefits.
• Administers standardized health screening tools
• Monitors client medication, including adherence and side-effects.
• Develops an individualized rehabilitation plan (Service/Support Plan) in accordance with client needs, strengths, and goals and in consultation with the treatment team and others of the client’s choice.
• Delivers community rehabilitation services according to individual need, including: Assertiveness/Self-Advocacy Training, Community Integration Services/Resource Development, Daily Living Skills Training, Health Services, Medication Management Training, Parenting Training, Rehabilitation Counseling, Skill Development Services, Socialization, Substance Abuse Services, and Symptom Management.
• Documents client response to service, progress and regressions, and regularly updates the Service/Support Plan.
• Trains clients in safety procedures and conducts fire drills and self-preservation tests.
• Facilitates recovery groups for substance use and co-occurring disorders.
• Facilitates crisis intervention in the event of an emergency.
• Staffs Emergency Phone on a rotating basis.
• Maintains client charts and submits necessary notes and reports, including incident reports, in compliance with agency procedures.
• Oversees maintenance of apartments, inventories furniture, and alerts program director of maintenance problems.
• Attends in-service training as requested by supervisory personnel.
• Provides coverage as needed for other staff on the program team.
• Serves as “Qualified Mental Health Staff Person”
• Duties as assigned by supervisor.