As the first settlement house in the nation and for over 130 years, University Settlement has been empowering New York residents by building on their strengths through comprehensive, quality services that meet the current needs of the community; innovation that anticipates future needs; and advocacy to improve the community as a whole.
New York State’s Medicaid Health Home initiative offers care management for beneficiaries with intensive, high-cost service needs. The health home model provides the basis for unified systems of care to coordinate and integrate physical and behavioral health care, chemical dependence treatment, and social services provided to health home members. The target population is: children/youth ages 0 - 21 who have: two or more chronic conditions or one single qualifying condition of Serious Emotional Disturbance (SED) or HIV/ AIDS or Trauma/at risk for another condition.
The Care Coordinator will provide Six Core Services of Health Home Care Management:
1. Comprehensive Care Management
2. Care Coordination and Health Promotion
3. Comprehensive Transitional Care
4. Patient and Family Support
5. Referral to Community and Social Support Services
6. Use of Health Information Technology (HIT) to Link Services
• Provide home and community-based services to a mixed caseload by conducting a minimum of two visits a month or as needed
• Conduct on-going outreach, assess client, develop care plan and facilitate service delivery
• Collaborate with service providers.
• Maintain complete care management records
• Provide crisis intervention, prevention and resolution as required
• Provide On-call rotation duties, and coverage as needed
• On-going training and professional supervision provided, with opportunity for advancement
• Other duties, as assigned by the Program Director
• BA in social sciences or related field
• You have 2+ years’ experience working with children, in a mental health program is a plus
• Being proficient in Spanish or English is a plus
• You are comfortable building relationships with diverse social, cultural, and economic groups
• You know communication is key
• You are a relationship builder with colleagues
• Must be knowledgeable of resources and services in Brooklyn, for children and families.
Why you should join our team:
• You’ll be part of mission driven organizations that empower NYC residents
• 20 vacation days
• Comprehensive medical and dental coverage
• Flexible Spending Account and Pre- Tax Commuter Program
• 403b retirement plan with up to 6% employer match
• And more