Catholic Charities Brooklyn & Queens is a multi-site non-profit social service agency serving the boroughs of Brooklyn & Queens and has a full-time Assistant Director vacancy for our Homebase program in Brooklyn.
STATEMENT OF THE JOB
The Assistant Director for Homebase Homelessness Prevention Program oversees the direct services component of the program and assists the Director in carrying out administrative and supervisory tasks. Under the supervision of the Director, the Assistant Director will coordinate services to clients, supervise staff, interns and volunteers; help monitor administrative and data collection activities; provide quality assurance and ensure that client enrollment and all levels of services are met.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Oversee and coordinate direct services component of program including case management, service planning, partnering with community based organizations and overseeing program collaborations.
* Supervise program staff, volunteers, and interns and ensure supervisory protocols are followed.
* Oversight of intake process and eligibility determination.
* Organizes in-service staff trainings and off-site trainings for staff.
* Represent Director at community and Agency meetings.
* Conduct audit related risk assessments, case record reviews, prepare reports and assist the program in quality assurance through compliance with agency requirements such as CQI and COA.
* Assists in determination of financial assistance for clients.
* Assists the Director in program administration.
* Assist administration in facility oversight.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR EDUCATION/CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSES
* MSW or Master Degree in related field.
* LMSW or LCSW preferred, but not required.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
* Five year’s work experience in a social service setting (minimum two years post-MA).
* Two year’s supervisory experience.
* Experience working with high risk families and/or families at risk of homelessness is preferred.
* Ability to be flexible and use discretion.
* Ability to function as part of a team.
* Excellent oral & written communication skills.
* Ability to use Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
* Ability to use ACCESS database and NYC DHS CARES database a plus.
* Ability to engage in public speaking.
* Bilingual English/Spanish speaking a plus.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
* Ability to work flexible hours (evenings/Saturdays) as assigned.
* Ability to climb stairs, sit, stand and walk for long periods of time.
* Ability to read printed & handwritten materials.
* Ability to read computer screen for long periods of time.
* Ability to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, & office equipment.
* Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
* Ability to travel to program, meeting, conference and other locations throughout the five boroughs as needed.
We offer a competitive salary & comprehensive benefit package including retirement plan and health insurance, with generous paid vacation and personal days.
Apply online: https://usr57.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/ccbq/Posting/View/4312